Are you interested in this career opportunity? Click on Apply Now! and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Corporate Services/Realty Services
|Posting Closed Date
||Senior Property Appraiser/Negotiator
||Permanent - Full Time
||CUPE Local 101
|Summary of Duties
||Reports to the Manager, Realty Operations. Negotiates for the acquisition, disposal and leasing of City-owned property. Supervises the appraisal function of the Realty Services Division as well as the Property Appraiser Negotiator position.
- Negotiates the acquisition of property for all Capital Projects including expropriation, if required.
- Supervises and provides guidance to the appraisal function and the Property Appraiser Negotiator position.
- Prepares and supervises the preparation of comprehensive appraisals on all types of property using standardized appraisal techniques including procurement of consultant assignments.
- Provides expert testimony, review and coordination of appraisal evidence at OMB hearings relating to Land Compensation Matters.
- Attends at Board of Negotiations mediations and hearings of necessity relative to Expropriation.
- Provides critical review and analysis of all independent appraisals submitted to the City.
- Presents relative to property matters including acquisitions, sales and recommends policy changes at Standing Committees and Municipal Council.
- Initiates and drafts reports to Standing Committees and Council for the Manager III, Realty Services concerning all types of property matters.
- Responsible for the preparation, budgeting, work allotment, overseeing the initiation process of expropriation, and monitoring construction with relation to offer conditions on Road Widening Projects.
- Resolves business loss and damage claims arising from construction in accordance with the provisions of the Expropriations Act.
- Drafts all legal documents concerning offers of sale, purchase, easements, licenses, leases and special use agreements, as required.
- Communicates with and correlates input from all Civic Departments and Local Boards concerning the purchase, retention or disposal of City property.
- Provides liaison and advice to other Civic Departments and Local Boards with regard to matters related to property.
- Develops and analyses land sale data and supervises the maintenance of data resource base.
- Organizes and supervises the identification and evaluation of improved City properties for insurance and development charge purposes, and defends those values at hearings in conjunction with Legal Services and the Planning and Development and Compliance Services Areas.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
||University Degree in a related field.
||Over five years' related experience.
|Specialized Training and Licenses
Skills and abilities in the following areas are necessary:
Registered as an Accredited Appraiser through the Appraisal Institute of Canada, with the designation (AACI) and/or SR/WA designation with the International Right of Way Association.
||$51,998 to $75,577
PLEASE UPLOAD YOUR TRANSCRIPTS WITH YOUR APPLICATION (Under the Documents Section).
Please note successful candidates will be asked to provide a basic criminal record check dated within the last six months. This documentation would not be required until further in the recruitment process (following the interview stage if selected).
The Corporation of the City of London strives to foster a workplace in which all individuals maximize their potential, regardless of their differences. We are committed to attracting, engaging, developing and celebrating exceptional people in public service who are representative of our community.
The City of London is also committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process.