Are you interested in this career opportunity? Click on Apply Now! and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Long Term Care
|Posting Closed Date
||Dearness - Service
|Summary of Duties
Under the direction of the Manager of Dietary Services or designate, is responsible for preparation service and clean up for meal or nourishment service, performs general food service delivery. Performs cashier functions occasionally.
- Prepares and cleans dining room tables.
- Assists with meal preparation including portioning desserts, pouring milk, juices and any special food or beverage items for regular and modified diets.
- Performs cleaning functions including dining tables, chairs and designated areas in the kitchens and/or dining rooms.
- Serves client meals including client preferences.
- Prepares and delivers nourishments between meals for clients as required.
- Prepares food to be sold in the Café.
- Serve customers.
- Assists with catering set ups, deliveries, and pick ups as required.
- Fills, operates and unloads dish machine.
- Washes pots and other dishes (Café only)
- Act as cashier (Café only)
- Performs other related tasks as assigned by the Manager of Dietary Services or designate.
Successful completion of Grade 12 in the Province of Ontario or equivalent.
Ability to speak, write and understand English.
Current Food Handler's Certificate.
Completion of or enrolled in an accredited Food Service Workers Certificate.
Experience in dietary environment in Long Term Care Facility preferred.
Physically capable of performing all duties as required, including heavy lifting.
Able to work in all area of the Home and all shifts.
IF AVAILABLE, PLEASE UPLOAD YOUR TRANSCRIPTS WITH YOUR APPLICATION (Under the Documents Section).
Please note successful candidates will be asked to provide a Police Vulnerable Sector Check (PVSC) dated within the last six months. This documentation would not be required until further in the recruitment process (following the interview stage if selected).
The Corporation of the City of London strives to foster a workplace in which all individuals maximize their potential, regardless of their differences. We are committed to attracting, engaging, developing and celebrating exceptional people in public service who are representative of our community.
The City of London is also committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process.