Are you interested in this career opportunity? Click on Apply Now! and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Planning/Community Planning & Design
|Posting Closed Date
||Student - Urban Design
||CUPE Local 101
|Summary of Duties
The Student Planner will assist staff on a variety of planning and urban design related assignments:
- Research, survey, data-gathering and data analysis related to processing of planning applications
- 3D modeling for land use alternatives on OPA’s rezonings and site plans and secondary plans
- Assist with the preparation of urban design guidelines
- Assist in development of presentation/public meeting set-up
- Evaluate municipal urban design implementation best practices
- Responding to public and internal inquiries
- Report writing and editing
- Assist with 3D modeling for facades requesting municipal grant money in the Downtown and Old East Village, and with animation and/or graphics for Downtown and Community Plans
- Completed 2nd year Bachelor’s program or Technology Program in Planning, Urban Design or related discipline
- Knowledge of planning legislation, urban design principles and practices
- Computer skills in Windows Office program – Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Working knowledge of Sketchup 7.0
- Working knowledge of ERI ArcGIS products
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite Products (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Excellent writing and customer service skills
- Well organized and able to work independently
||$14.95 per hour
This is a full-time, temporary position from May to August 2014.
This position is subject to budget approval.
Please upload your transcripts with your application (under Documents Section) as well as two letters of reference.
Applicants invited for an interview will be asked to bring a small portfolio containing 3 examples of written and visual work to review with the interview panel.
Note: The successful candidate will be required to provide the following documentation prior to being hired:
- Police Information Check (completed within 6 months of application date) – please refer to the London Police website for information on obtaining this search: Police Records Check
- Documentation confirming the student is enrolled in a recognized Community College Co-op program OR documentation confirming the student's intent to return to school full-time in September 2014.
This documentation would not be required until further in the recruitment process (following the interview stage if selected).
The Corporation of the City of London strives to foster a workplace in which all individuals maximize their potential, regardless of their differences. We are committed to attracting, engaging, developing and celebrating exceptional people in public service who are representative of our community.
The City of London is also committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process.