Are you interested in this career opportunity? Click on Apply Now! and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this opportunity to a friend.
|Posting Closed Date
||Temporary - Full Time
||CUPE Local 101
|Summary of Duties
Reports to the Manager II, Payroll and/or designate, through the immediate Supervisor. Receives, confirms, prepares and verifies the necessary information for payroll preparation; maintains sick leave occurrence records; vacation credit reports and schedules; performs other functions related to payroll and attendance recording. Prepares and processes payroll documentation and maintains payroll records and files of permanent, temporary and seasonal employees regarding payroll history, rates of pay, probationary periods, benefit status and clothing issue requirements.
- Ensures accuracy and completeness of employee master file information including promotions, terminations, rates of pay, employee personal history and benefits enrollment.
- Processes and audits schedules, time and attendance to ensure accuracy and compliance with Collective Agreements, terms and conditions of employment, other legislative requirements under strict deadlines.
- Verifies detail recorded on time sheets before data entry.
- Determines necessary corrections of time sheet details. Prepares and processes corrections to ensure accuracy of payment to employees.
- Data entry of time sheets.
- Sets up schedules and assigns employees to appropriate schedules.
- Verifies accuracy of corrections and adjustments processed and determines when to initiate recall of bank deposits and prepares manual cheques.
- Prepares and processes advance pay and payout requests to ensure compliance with terms of the Collective Agreements.
- Prepares statutory forms such as T4, T4(A), ROE, OMERS, and Statistics Canada reports.
- Liaises with all timekeepers, Supervisors and Managers to ensure accuracy of time details and master file information.
- Answers employees' inquiries related to payroll, vacation, sick leave occurrences.
- Maintains records of sick leave occurrences.
- Verifies employees' entitlement for retirement to ensure the employee receives credit for all earned vacation, sick leave and other credits.
- Calculates, verifies and processes necessary adjustments regarding OMERS broken service.
- Receives application and initiates deductions for Canada Savings Bond purchases.
- Prepares appropriate forms for all payroll changes including: changes in benefit status and changes in beneficiaries and calculates any arrears or refunds, collects or reimburses as appropriate and makes the necessary adjustments to the master file.
- Calculates and processes payment of statutory holiday pay for employees absent on long term or short term disability as well as calculates and collects arrears of employee-paid benefits accrued during unpaid absences.
- Prepares letters regarding verification of employment and earnings.
- Performs typing, filing, operations of computer terminal and general clerical functions.
- Performs such procedures as are necessary to ensure system integrity.
- Performs year end work as assigned.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
||One year of a two year Community College Business - Accounting Diploma plus completion of CPA's - Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP).
||One to two years' related experience.
||$37,574 to $52,369
||This is a permanent position being filled on a temporary basis for up to two years.
PLEASE UPLOAD YOUR TRANSCRIPTS WITH YOUR APPLICATION (Under the Documents Section).
Please note successful candidates will be asked to provide a basic criminal record check dated within the last six months. This documentation would not be required until further in the recruitment process (following the interview stage if selected).
The Corporation of the City of London strives to foster a workplace in which all individuals maximize their potential, regardless of their differences. We are committed to attracting, engaging, developing and celebrating exceptional people in public service who are representative of our community.
The City of London is also committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process.