Are you interested in this career opportunity? Click on Apply Now! and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Parks and Recreation
|Posting Closed Date
||Intern - Parks & Recreation
|Summary of Duties
||Reporting to the Manager of Business Solutions this position is responsible for moving forward marketing initiatives for the recreation business area from the annual marketing plan, evaluating the efficacy of these campaigns, and providing innovative marketing input to better reach the citizens of London.
Main Duties are as follows:
Creation of marketing template documents.
Marketing research and analysis.
Assess and measure results of campaigns.
Move forward key projects as identified by the Marketing Committee.
Coordinate photographic opportunities.
Organize and be key contact for trade shows or other public displays.
Performs related duties as assigned.
||Marketing certification from an accredited post-secondary institution.
· Good interpersonal skills
· Project Management experience
· Proficiency with standard Microsoft suite of software (Excel, Word, etc) and desktop publishing software.
Eligibility under the City of London Internship Program as follows (see below): MUST MEET CRITERIA AS EITHER A NEW IMMIGRANT OR PERSON WITH SELF-DECLARED DISABILITY WHICH POSES EMPLOYMENT BARRIERS OR RECENT LOCAL POST-SECONDARY GRADUATE.
- New to Canada within the past 3 years, and
- Graduate of a recognized post-secondary education institute with Canadian equivalency, and
- English benchmark level 6 or above, and connected with an academic or employment support agency, and
- Legally entitled to work in Canada.
Person with self-declared disability which poses employment barriers:
- Limited work experience in their chosen field, and
- Graduate of a recognized post-secondary education institute, and
- Connected with an academic or employment support agency.
Recent local post-secondary graduate:
- London resident who has graduated from a recognized post-secondary education institute within the past year and has limited work experience in their chosen field, OR
- Graduate of a London area recognized post-secondary education institute within the past year, but not currently living in London
- Limited work experience in their chosen field.
||$14.67 per hr.
||Term is from September - December 2013
||Please note successful candidates will be asked to provide a criminal record check, dated within the last six months. This documentation would not be required until further in the recruitment process (following the interview stage if selected).
The Corporation of the City of London strives to foster a workplace in which all individuals maximize their potential, regardless of their differences. We are committed to attracting, engaging, developing and celebrating exceptional people in public service who are representative of our community.
The City of London is also committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process.