Are you interested in this career opportunity? Click on Apply Now! and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||NCFS/ London Fire Department
|Posting Closed Date
||Permanent - Full Time
|Summary of Duties
||Reports to the Manager – Finance and Planning. Performs various clerical and materials handling functions such as receiving and issuing stores supplies. Responsible for the ordering of inventory commodities and specialized municipal equipment. Inputs information to the financial corporate system.
- Performs inventory functions such as ordering, receiving and issuing of inventory and non-inventoried commodities on a 2 week shift rotation.
- Unloads, inspects and warehouses incoming materials for general stores, mechanical and training commodities. Determines liabilities of damaged goods and prepare appropriate documentation. Operates various materials handling equipment. Off loads equipment and supplies from delivery vehicles for all areas at Central Fire.
- Locates, develops and maintains reliable sources of supply for specialty commodities that are not inventoried. Negotiates pricing and delivery terms for such purchases. Interviews sales representatives, suppliers and accesses the internet to keep abreast of new products.
- Inputs data to the Corporate Financial System from work orders, stores requisitions, purchasing receivers and on-line requisitions ensuring complete and accurate information is completed.
- Issues purchase orders for inventory items under contract and emergency purchase orders for non-stocked items.
- Releases inventory, confirms shipments, packages and labels inventory for shipment to various City locations bi-weekly.
- Liaises with Accounts Payable to resolve issues regarding inventory and price irregularities and makes adjustments as necessary. Liaises with individuals and Departments on inventory procedures, policies and requirements.
- Maintains control of pending orders, back orders and returns. Follow up with vendors on back orders, billing and quantity problems.
- Approves payment of invoices and processes credits. Packages and prepares appropriate documentation for returns of credit. Reconciles credit card statements.
- Reviews with Manager – Finance and Planning - the minimum/maximum stock levels, additions and deletions to stock for inventory/space requirements and slow moving/obsolescence of inventory and makes recommendations for most efficient, effective method of disposal.
- Performs general maintenance and housekeeping duties including installation and relocation of shelving and storage racks.
- Assists in inventory control duties as required (cycle counts, stock levels).
- Performs related duties as assigned.
||One year Community College Certificate in Parts Management and Merchandising and an Inventory Control course sponsored by PMAC or CAPIC.
||One to two years' related experience.
|Specialized Training and Licenses
|| Skills and abilities in the following areas are necessary:
- Valid Driver's Licence - Class G .
- Demonstrated advanced proficiency with word processing, spreadsheets and various software.
||Start Rate - $46,849
||PLEASE UPLOAD YOUR TRANSCRIPTS WITH YOUR APPLICATION (under the Documents Section).
Please note successful candidates will be asked to provide a Police Criminal Record Check dated within the last six months. This documentation would not be required until further in the recruitment process (following the interview stage if selected).
The Corporation of the City of London strives to foster a workplace in which all individuals maximize their potential, regardless of their differences. We are committed to attracting, engaging, developing and celebrating exceptional people in public service who are representative of our community.
The City of London is also committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process.