Are you interested in this career opportunity? Click on Apply Now! and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Environmental & Engineering/Wastewater
|Posting Closed Date
||Permanent - Full Time
||CUPE Local 107
|Summary of Duties
||Works under the direction of a Supervisor or designate. Operates and performs preventative and repair maintenance on heating, air conditioning, refrigeration and mechanical systems at various City Facilities.
- To perform repair and preventative maintenance on steam and hot water boilers and other heating units, their auxiliary equipment and control systems in compliance with various building and energy regulatory codes.
- Performs repair and preventative maintenance on air conditioning and ventilating equipment at various City Facilities.
- Performs chemical tests on boiler water, chilled water and condenser water.
- Diagnose problems with building and refrigeration systems.
- Installs and repairs pipe, valves and fittings as necessary and in compliance with regulatory codes.
- Required to use appropriate test instruments, gauges and protective equipment to perform task.
- Prepare and maintain work records, requisition materials, develops material lists from blueprints and drawings.
- Makes recommendations regarding modifications and replacement on HVAC equipment repairs.
- Operate and maintain oxy/acetylene torches, Freon test gauges, refrigerant reclaim unit and charging cylinder.
- Use power and hand tools and equipment required.
- May be required to show others how to perform tasks or duties.
- As assigned, perform related duties which are transient, or of an emergency nature, or which are minor but recurring.
||Successful completion of Grade 12 in the Province of Ontario or equivalent plus completion of an Air Conditioning/Refrigeration Mechanic Apprenticeship program.
|Specialized Training and Licenses
- Valid Class G Driver's Licence.
- Valid Certificate of qualification as an Air Conditioning/Refrigeration Mechanic.
- Gas Fitter I License, Oil Burner Certification and O.D.P. (Ozone depletion) Certificate.
- Working knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act
||$30.12 to 33.47 per hour
||Note: Shift work may be required
||PLEASE UPLOAD YOUR TRANSCRIPTS WITH YOUR APPLICATION (Under the Documents Section)
Please note successful candidates will be asked to provide a basic criminal record check, dated within the last six months. This documentation would not be required until further in the recruitment process (following the interview stage if selected).
The Corporation of the City of London strives to foster a workplace in which all individuals maximize their potential, regardless of their differences. We are committed to attracting, engaging, developing and celebrating exceptional people in public service who are representative of our community.
The City of London is also committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process.