Are you interested in this career opportunity? Click on Apply Now! and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||EES - Wastewater Treatment Operations
|Posting Closed Date
||Operations Manager - Maintenance, Wastewater Treatment Operations
||Permanent - Full Time
|Summary of Duties
||Reports to the Manager-Technical Group, Wastewater Treatment Operations (WTO) and is responsible for managing maintenance activities within WTO and as a service provider to Water Operations.
- Oversees daily operations of the maintenance department and recommends on the strategic direction of the department. Maintains current knowledge of best maintenance practices.
- Responsible for day to day facility maintenance including preparation and management of service and repair contracts.
- Works with peer levels in WTO and WO to resolve complex issues related to emergency, planned, preventative and ongoing maintenance issues and recommends/implements plans to improve equipment lifecycle costs. These issues can be moderately complex given the technical nature of the department and the regulatory environment in which WTO and WO operate.
- Identifies and implements programs focused on increasing the overall effectiveness and efficiency of the department and division.
- Prepares the operations budget for the Maintenance Department.
- Ensures division compliance with Electrical Safety Authority (ESA) and Technical Safety Standards Association (TSSA) regulations.
- Supervises assigned staff and conducts performance reviews. Recommends staff hiring’s, promotions, demotions, transfers, terminations, salary adjustments and disciplines.
- Identifies and monitors the training needs of staff to ensure knowledge and skills are up to date with current equipment and technologies, including health and safety.
- Prepares business cases to demonstrate opportunities and justify programs and works within the division.
- Works with and directs consultants, contractors and vendors as assigned and serves as the division’s main point of contact for projects as needed; manages small projects.
- Prepares tenders, contracts and quotations.
- Recommends changes related to improved equipment life cycle costs and operations in general.
- Administers the divisions Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS), including preventative maintenance, for WTO and Water Operations and generates reports from CMMS as needed. Uses CMMS system to track and evaluate work of indirect/direct reports, the overall performance of the maintenance department and the WTO division. Uses CMMS for asset management and to reduce life cycle costs within the WWT and WO Divisions.
- Represents management on various committees as required
- Maintains awareness of pertinent legislation.
- Manages the Division’s inventory department and associated staff.
- Performs related duties as assigned and responds to emergency situations.
- Maintains a thorough understanding of operational processes, equipment and facilities associated with wastewater treatment including: wastewater collection, biosolids thickening and dewatering, incineration, activated sludge and membrane treatment.
Successful completion of a three year Community College program in a related field and valid Certificate of Qualification(s) (Millwright preferred).
|Specialized Training and Licenses
- Valid Trades or Occupational licenses
- 8-10 years of progressively responsible experience in a related field including extensive supervisory experience.
- Must possess valid G drivers licence or better valid in the province of Ontario and be able to
- Experience with various computer software packages including CMMS software.
||$75,384 to $101,646
The Corporation of the City of London strives to foster a workplace in which all individuals maximize their potential, regardless of their differences. We are committed to attracting, engaging, developing and celebrating exceptional people in public service who are representative of our community.
The City of London is also committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process.