Are you interested in this career opportunity? Click on Apply Now! and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Environmental & Engineering Services
|Posting Closed Date
||Supervisor II - Fleet Services
||Permanent - Full Time
|Summary of Duties
||Reports to the Manager, Fleet Operations. Responsible for effective and efficient delivery of engineering services. Plans, develops, supervises, and co-ordinates various aspects and functions of the Department of above average complexity and scope. Supervises, trains, appraises, hires and disciplines staff. Carries out special projects.
- Manages staff, programs and engineering services in accordance with applicable legislation, guidelines, municipal policies, procedures and directives.
- Recommends on hiring. Supervises, appraises, disciplines and assigns staff and recommends terminations.
- Trains staff to perform assigned related functions.
- Responsible for planning, scheduling and assigning work in a complex work environment.
- Monitors assigned budget.
- Evaluates operational performance and recommends changes to systems, procedures and methodologies to maximize use of resources.
- Undertakes special projects as assigned.
- Required to work outside regular working hours, including standby assignments.
- Provides management representation on various committees as assigned.
- Required to act as a corporate representative with other government agencies and service deliverers.
- Maintains practical awareness of relevant legislation. Investigates complaints, resolves problems, and maintains good public relations.
- Acts in various supervisory positions as required.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Shift work required.
||Successful completion of a three year Community College program in a related field, along with such valid Trades and Occupational Certificates as the specific position requires.
Five to eight years of prior experience in a related field.
|Specialized Training and Licenses
||Skills and abilities in the following areas are necessary:
Provincial licensing requirement for the following:
310T Provincial License (Truck and Coach)
310S Provincial License (Light Vehicles)
ICE-P Provincial Certification (Alternative Fuels)
||$65,513 to $88,320
||Please note the initial assignment is the afternoon shift.
The Corporation of the City of London strives to foster a workplace in which all individuals maximize their potential, regardless of their differences. We are committed to attracting, engaging, developing and celebrating exceptional people in public service who are representative of our community.
The City of London is also committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process.