Are you interested in this career opportunity? Click on Apply Now! and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Neighbourhood, Children & Fire Services
|Posting Closed Date
||Facility Attendant at City Wide Sports Park
|Summary of Duties
||Recreation programs provide all citizens the opportunity to improve self esteem, motor skills, creativity, physical fitness and social skills through a variety of crafts, arts, and physical activities.
Role: Must be Highly Motivated, Positive and a Self Starter. Under the direction of the Manager/Supervisor of the Community Services Department, the Facility Attendant is responsible for providing service to ensure the safe operation of the facility/sportsfield.
- Control access to facility and monitor participants and spectators.
- Act as a liaison with customer in providing information, equipment and services.
- Checking and cleaning washrooms
- Keeping utility rooms and office areas neat and tidy at all times
- Empty garbage containers as required
- Report vandalism incidents and/or safety/maintenance issues related to the operation of the facility.
- Ensure policies and procedures relative to the facility are adhered to by participants.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Green Patch work boots.
- Emergency first aid/CPR Certification
- Minimum of 16 years of age
- Able to demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills
- Able to work with minimum supervision
- Police Reference Check satisfactory to the Corporation of the City of London must be handed in at time of interview.
Hours of Work: Up to 24 hours per week including evenings and weekends – Start April 1st – Ends August 31st
Wage: Minimum wage as reflected in the Employment Standards Act
||Please include resume, cover letter, contact information for two references and photocopies of certifications. Applicants will be required to produce a current Vulnerable Persons Police Check at the time of interview, or receipt that it has been applied for.
The Corporation of the City of London strives to foster a workplace in which all individuals maximize their potential, regardless of their differences. We are committed to attracting, engaging, developing and celebrating exceptional people in public service who are representative of our community.
The City of London is also committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process.