Are you interested in this career opportunity? Click on Apply Now! and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Planning/Policy Planning & Programs
|Posting Closed Date
||Co-op or Summer Student - Land Use Planning - City Planning & Research
||CUPE Local 101
|Summary of Duties
As part of the ReThink London project, attendance at festivals and events as part of the community engagement program has provided additional opportunities for public involvement in the project. The student will participate in these engagement opportunities throughout the summer. The student will also assist in various office tasks to support the project, including research related to best practices, policy approaches being undertaken by other cities, and implementation strategies to be considered in the new Official Plan.
- Completed 2nd year Bachelor’s program in Planning or related discipline, or Regional and Urban Planning Technology Program
- Computer skills in Windows Office Program – Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Working knowledge of ARCGIS 9.3
- Excellent writing and customer service skills
- Presentation skills
- Well organized and able to work independently
||$14.67 per hour
This posting is for two positions. These are full-time, temporary Co-op or Summer Student positions from May to August 2013.
Please upload your transcripts with your application (under Documents Section) as well as two letters of reference.
Note: The successful candidate will be required to provide the following documentation prior to being hired:
- Basic Criminal Record Search (completed within 6 months of application date) – please refer to the London Police website for information on obtaining this search: Police Records Check
- Documentation confirming the student's intent to return to school full-time in September 2013 OR documentation confirming the student is enrolled in a recognized Community College Co-op program.
This documentation would not be required until further in the recruitment process (following the interview stage if selected).
The Corporation of the City of London strives to foster a workplace in which all individuals maximize their potential, regardless of their differences. We are committed to attracting, engaging, developing and celebrating exceptional people in public service who are representative of our community.
The City of London is also committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process.