Are you interested in this career opportunity? Click on Apply Now! and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Dearness - Long Term Care
|Posting Closed Date
||Permanent - Part Time
||Dearness - Service
|Summary of Duties
||Under the direction of the Manager of Environmental Services or designate, inspects, services and maintains the building and equipment.
- Inspects, maintains and repairs the building.
- Inspects, services, repairs equipment and paints as required.
- Responsibility to review, update and respond to on-demand requests made through maintenance computer software system.
- Preventative maintenance including responsibility to review, update and respond to requests made through maintenance computer software system.
- Responsible for the proper use and care of equipment and machines.
- Works safely and performs the respective duties taking into consideration the safety, privacy and dignity of the clients.
- Assists other Maintenance classifications as required.
- Assist and coordinate external trades/contractors working within the building.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Post secondary certificate in Building Environmental Systems or educational equivalent.
- Basic knowledge of all trades to perform the duties as outlined.
- Physically capable of performing all duties as required.
- Computer skills including word processing, email, etc.
- Valid Class “G” driver’s license.
IF AVAILABLE, PLEASE UPLOAD YOUR TRANSCRIPTS WITH YOUR APPLICATION (Under the Documents Section).
Please note successful candidates will be asked to provide a The Police Vulnerable Sector Check (PVSC) dated within the last six months. This documentation would not be required until further in the recruitment process (following the interview stage if selected).
The Corporation of the City of London strives to foster a workplace in which all individuals maximize their potential, regardless of their differences. We are committed to attracting, engaging, developing and celebrating exceptional people in public service who are representative of our community.
The City of London is also committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process.