Are you interested in this career opportunity? Click on Apply Now! and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Corporate Services/Realty Services
|Posting Closed Date
||Permanent - Full Time
||CUPE Local 101
|Summary of Duties
||Reports to the Manager, Realty Services. Negotiates for the acquisition, disposal and leasing of City-owned or controlled property. Prepares appraisals of properties the City needs to acquire for capital projects and any municipal purpose.
- Negotiates with property owners, legal representatives and independent advocates for the acquisition or disposal of property for any municipal purpose, including capital projects.
- Negotiates land exchange agreements with property owners and legal representatives for various municipal purposes.
- Provides land acquisition cost estimates for capital project budgets.
- Prepares, comprehensive appraisals of all types of property using standardized appraisal techniques including the inspection of various types of property.
- Negotiates license and lease agreements, including encroachment agreements, affecting City-owned or controlled property.
- Drafts legal documents including purchase and sale agreements, concerning the acquisition, disposal, leasing or licensing of City-owned property.
- Drafts Board of Control reports for submission to the Manager III of Realty Services, and Senior Management concerning all types of property matters.
- Provides analysis and opinions of independent appraisals prepared for the City.
- Assembles and analyses land sale data and maintains information from various sources on real estate transactions in the City.
- Assists in the maintenance and rental of inventory of City-owned or controlled property, including being "on call" to tenants through a pager while the Property Coordinator position is vacant during vacations.
- Accommodates internments at municipally owned cemeteries as required.
- Prepares eviction notices, contacts the "Sheriff "on enforcement issues and attends the Rental Tribunal Hearings when necessary.
- Communicates with and provides advice to other Civic Departments concerning matters related to the acquisition, disposal or leasing of City-owned property.
- Responds to inquiries from municipal staff including Senior Management, concerning property related matters.
- Responds to inquiries from City Councilors regarding City-owned or controlled property and cost estimates of various types of land.
- Responds to public inquiries about City owned or controlled property.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
||University Degree in a related field and designated membership in the Appraisal Institute of Canada and/or the International Right of Way Association, certified in Negotiator/Acquisition or Asset Property Management.
Four to five years related experience.
|Specialized Training and Licenses
Skills and abilities in the following areas are necessary:
Valid Driver's License - Class G.
Accredited as a Canadian Residential Appraiser with the designation (CRA) by the Appraisal Institute of Canada.
||$47,126 to $68,475 (Level 14)
||PLEASE UPLOAD YOUR TRANSCRIPTS WITH YOUR APPLICATION (Under the Documents Section)
Please note successful candidates will be asked to provide a basic criminal record check dated within the last six months. This documentation would not be required until further in the recruitment process (following the interview stage if selected).
The Corporation of the City of London strives to foster a workplace in which all individuals maximize their potential, regardless of their differences. We are committed to attracting, engaging, developing and celebrating exceptional people in public service who are representative of our community.
The City of London is also committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process.