Are you interested in this career opportunity? Click on Apply Now! and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
|Posting Closed Date
||Seasonal Tourism Counsellor
||Temporary - Full Time
||CUPE Local 101
|Position Start Date
|Position End Date
|Summary of Duties
||Reporting to the Coordinator, Administration & Information Services, performs various duties associated with the provision of tourist information to customers of Tourism Information Centres or via the mail, telephone or Internet, as well as providing administrative and event servicing supports within Tourism London.
- Responsible for Tourism Counsellor duties at Tourism London Information Centres in servicing inquiries from visitors or via the telephone, Internet or by mail along with the stocking of display racks, setting up of presentation materials and displays and related activities, such as the sale of sight seeing bus tour tickets, souvenirs, maps, etc.
- Assists in the development of brochures produced by Tourism London.
- Enters names of visitors seeking information on London into a database and processes individual tourism packages, along with data collection and related tasks.
- Acts as a host or hostess on City sight seeing bus tours, including relaying of standard tour commentary.
- Provides servicing support to tournaments, meets, conferences and conventions, travel trade shows and other initiatives undertaken by Tourism London.
- Performs office duties, such as addressing labels and envelopes, preparing mail-out material, keeping shelves supplied with brochures and other materials, as well as other manual and computerbased assignments.
- Performs evening and weekend job related duties, as required.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
||Six months from Tourism and Travel Diploma
||Three month's related experience
|Specialized Training and Licenses
Demonstrated proficiency in wordprocessing, spreadsheets and various software.
Typing speed required is 50 w.p.m.
Valid Driver’s License.
Must be familiar with City of London events.
Exemplary customer service skills are essential.
||$15.63 per hour
This posting is for 4 positions. These are temporary positions being filled on a temporary basis from May 13, 2013 to September 2, 2013.
35 hours per week.
Please note that shift work and weekends are requried.
Downtown Tourist Information Centre, 391 Wellington Street
Wellington Road Tourist Information Centre, 696 Wellington Road South
PLEASE UPLOAD YOUR TRANSCRIPTS WITH YOUR APPLICATION (Under the Documents Section)
Please note successful candidates will be asked to provide a basic criminal record check dated within the last six months. This documentation would not be required until further in the recruitment process (following the interview stage if selected).
The Corporation of the City of London strives to foster a workplace in which all individuals maximize their potential, regardless of their differences. We are committed to attracting, engaging, developing and celebrating exceptional people in public service who are representative of our community.
The City of London is also committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process.