Are you interested in this career opportunity? Click on Apply Now! and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Development & Compliance/Development Services
|Posting Closed Date
||Integrated Land Planning Technologist
||Permanent - Full Time
||CUPE Local 101
|Summary of Duties
||Reports to a Manager III. Undertakes and assists in carrying out elementary planning studies, research projects, preparation of data, maps and graphics; processes and prepares a variety of planning applications and related documentation; carries out data collection, maintenance and analysis; Acts as Secretary Treasurer to the Committee of Adjustment and as support to the Consent Authority.
- Under the direction of Manager III, processes Planning Act applications such as Official Plan amendments, Zoning By-law amendments, streets related approvals and/or subdivision/condominium approval with such application having a level of complexity that is appropriate for the experience level of the Technologist.
- Prepares and provides the Department and other Corporate sectors with accurate and up-to-date thematic, parcel, land use, zoning and other special query maps, graphics and data related to immediate and long term planning of the development of land, facilities and services;
- Prepares, produces and maintains non-digital and GIS spatial maps and related databases;
- Supplies planning information and advice on planning principles and municipal policies and liaises with applicants, agents, planning consultants, citizen groups, various government agencies and others;
- Uses databases, GIS and other available software, along with GIS analysis skills to prepare reports, manipulate and analyse data, complete specific information requests and create and maintain databases;
- Provides Manager III, Senior Planners and Planners, as required with specific information and knowledge concerning planning matters;
- Prepares reports for Manager III, Senior Planner and Planners on a variety of land use planning matters;
- Designs and composes or co-ordinates the preparation and set-up of maps, graphics and data for special projects, presentations or hearings, reports and documents.
- Assists the Manager III, Senior Planners and Planners in the technical process of assigning municipal numbers, naming streets, preparation of agreements and related documents and legal requirements of the City to effect the agreements and subsequent distribution of such documents to other departments, agencies and commissions;
- Acts as Secretary-Treasurer to the Committee of Adjustment, the Property Standards Committee, certain sub-committees of Council and support for the London Consent Authority involving the preparation of agendas, reports, minutes, correspondence, etc. as required;
- Maintains professional knowledge in applicable areas and keeps abreast of changes in job-related rules, statutes, laws and new business trends; makes recommendations for the implementation of changes; reads and interprets professional literature; attends training programs, workshops and seminars as appropriate;
- When assigned, using CAD, design/redesign subdivision and/or condominium plans with assistance and direction from Senior Planners and Planners;
- Builds and maintains positive working relationships with co-workers, other civic employees and the public using principles of good customer service;
- Performs related duties as assigned.
||Four year Integrated Land Planning Applied Degree or Undergraduate degree in Planning and Two year Community College Diploma in Urban and Regional Technology.
||One to two years related experience.
|Specialized Training and Licenses
Demonstrated proficiency in word processing, spreadsheets, GIS software and various other software;
Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
Ability to read architectural, engineering and survey plans/drawings;
Organize and prioritize work assignments;
Valid Driver’s Licence – Class G
PLEASE UPLOAD YOUR TRANSCRIPTS WITH YOUR APPLICATION (Under the Documents Section).
Please note successful candidates will be asked to provide a basic criminal record check dated within the last six months. This documentation would not be required until further in the recruitment process (following the interview stage if selected).
The Corporation of the City of London strives to foster a workplace in which all individuals maximize their potential, regardless of their differences. We are committed to attracting, engaging, developing and celebrating exceptional people in public service who are representative of our community.
The City of London is also committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process.