Are you interested in this career opportunity? Click on Apply Now! and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||City Manager's Office
|Posting Closed Date
||Permanent - Full Time
|Summary of Duties
||Reports to the Director, Communications. Responsible for public communications and community engagement to enable and support the decisions, direction and work of Council.
- Serves as a contact with media and helps prepare communication materials regarding Council’s decisions and achievements; as well, to inform and engage the public and provide public feedback to Council and senior administration.
- Responsible for making recommendations regarding the organization’s community relations efforts, including, developing methods/tools of delivering the City’s messages directly to the community, promoting City programs and services and executing public engagement activities.
- Responsible to manage and implement the City's Community Engagement Policy and related initiatives and programs.
- Responsible for developing e-news efforts and social media to citizens to keep them informed and engaged; as well, prepares information articles and good news stores on City services, activities and achievements.
- Responsible for co-ordinating the design, production and publishing of key marketing, promotional and information materials to explain and promote City services and initiatives.
- Responsible to develop community reports to update residents on the City’s Strategic Plan and major accomplishments each year.
- Recommends on promotions, demotions, transfers, salary adjustments, staff discipline and also carries out on-going performance appraisals for staff within Communications.
- Assists with the budgeting and monitoring process.
- Attends standing committee meetings to provide communications advice and support as required.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
||University Degree in Communications, Journalism or Business. Accredited Business Communicator (ABC) or Accredited in Public Relations (APR) designation or equivalencies.
A proven communications strategist with 5 years of management experience, including strategy development.
Superior interpersonal skills, and written and oral communications skills.
Demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgment and creativity; as well, manage human and financial resources.
Working knowledge of the technical aspects of graphic design, print, audio/visual production and relevant desktop publishing software and systems.
||$75,384 to $101,646
The Corporation of the City of London strives to foster a workplace in which all individuals maximize their potential, regardless of their differences. We are committed to attracting, engaging, developing and celebrating exceptional people in public service who are representative of our community.
The City of London is also committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process.