Are you interested in this career opportunity? Click on Apply Now! and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Transportation & Roadside Operations
|Posting Closed Date
||Manager III, Transportation Operations
||Permanent - Full Time
|Summary of Duties
||Reports to the Division Manager, Transportation & Roadside Operations or designate. Responsible for major program sectors including budgets, program and procedure development.
- Oversees daily operations and formulates, monitors, evaluates and implements programs within the Department.
- Manages program sectors within the Department as assigned.
- Manages Provincial Minimum Maintenance Standards legislative requirements.
- Ensures efficient delivery of services in compliance with appropriate legislation, regulations, and municipal policies.
- Supervises assigned staff. Conducts performance reviews.
- Recommends, on a confidential basis, concerning hiring, promotions, demotions, transfers, terminations, salary adjustments and staff disciplines.
- Plans, implements, monitors and reviews service program delivery providing analysis reports to appropriate Director.
- Recommends policies, procedures and construction standards and implements upon approval.
- Maintains communications and relationships with community and government agencies.
- Develops and recommends budgets and initiates actions to operate within fiscal plans. Monitors and reports as required.
- Liaises, consults with, and co-ordinates contractors and consulting engineers to ensure adequate service delivery.
- Maintains awareness of pertinent legislation and agreements and ensures compliance.
- Resolves union management conflicts through progressive labour relations.
- Develops and conducts staff training.
- Assists in preparation of tenders/contracts/quotations for related areas. Recommends suppliers and contractors and administers and monitors performance.
- Represents management on various committees as required.
- Develops and maintains maintenance management information systems.
- Responds to emergency situations.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
||Successful completion of a three-year Community College Program in a related field or equivalent related experience.
||Skills and abilities in the following areas are necessary:
8 to 10 years of progressively responsible experience, preferably in a related field, including extensive supervisory experience.
Experience operating various computer software packages an asset.
Active membership in the Association of Ontario Road Superintendents (AORS).
||$75,384 to $101,646
The Corporation of the City of London strives to foster a workplace in which all individuals maximize their potential, regardless of their differences. We are committed to attracting, engaging, developing and celebrating exceptional people in public service who are representative of our community.
The City of London is also committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process.