Are you interested in this career opportunity? Click on Apply Now! and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Neighbourhood Children & Fire/Area Rec. Services
|Posting Closed Date
||Supervisor I, Recreation Services
||Temporary - Full Time
|Summary of Duties
||Reporting to a Manager III, Area Recreation Services, and as working as part of an Area Recreation Services Team, the Supervisor I, Recreation Services will have a combination of responsibilities ranging from community centre management to recreation program delivery and community enablement/engagement. The Supervisor will contribute recreation skills, expertise, and assets to the goal of building healthy/strong communities and neighbourhoods.
Plan and/or support, implement and manage community enablement/engagement initiatives, projects and strategies including:
- Developing, building, and maintaining partnerships, collaborations, initiatives, and relationships with citizens, community and neighbourhood groups, organizations and networks.
- Providing liaison services between citizens, resident groups, partner organizations or collaborations and the civic administration – particularly on matters related to recreation and parks.
Plan, implement and manage community recreation programs for all ages and demographics, within London’s recreation service system, including:
- Increasing awareness on the benefits of participating in recreation programs and activities
- Building collaborations with other service providers to enhance recreation program services for Londoners
- Assessing recreation service system for local gaps, trends
- Program design, planning and creation
- Program promotions and evaluations
- Staff and volunteer recruitment, training, supervision and management – especially casual program staff
- Implement and manage program quality assurance programs
Manage community recreation centres including:
- Participating in planning and design of new facilities or renovations projects
- Staff and volunteer recruitment, training, supervision and management
- especially casual facility staff
- Planning, scheduling, and managing space and time allocations of community centres
- Implementing and managing facility related quality assurance programs
- Promoting public use of community centres
- Integrating community centres into the network of neighbourhood hubs
Manage administrative and support functions and duties related to assigned responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Preparing, monitoring, and managing operating budgets within areas of responsibility
- Maintaining corporate standards of customer service and administrative procedures related to areas of responsibility.
- Implementation and maintenance of risk management – including Occupational Health and Safety – programs and safety procedures within areas of responsibility.
- Recommending re: recreation or parks related capital budget needs to Manager
- Preparing reports and/or presentations as required.
- Undertaking special community and departmental projects as assigned.
- Representing the Area/Division/Service Area on internal/external committees.
Participates in emergency response situations (including Reception Centre operation) as required.
Performs related duties as assigned.
- Equivalent of a university degree or college diploma in Recreation or related field.
- Five Years leadership experience – recreation or related field experience preferred.
- Current First Aid Certification; Current CPR Certification;
- Class G Driver’s license and provides own vehicle.
- Competency in standard business software and technology usage
||$58,033 - $78,235
||This is a temporary contract for up to 2 years.
||PLEASE UPLOAD YOUR TRANSCRIPTS WITH YOUR APPLICATION (Under the Documents Section).
Please note successful candidates will be asked to provide a police vulnerable sector check, dated within the last six months. This documentation would not be required until further in the recruitment process (following the interview stage if selected).
The Corporation of the City of London strives to foster a workplace in which all individuals maximize their potential, regardless of their differences. We are committed to attracting, engaging, developing and celebrating exceptional people in public service who are representative of our community.
The City of London is also committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process.