Are you interested in this career opportunity? Click on Apply Now! and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Development & Compliance/Development Services
|Posting Closed Date
||Temporary - Full Time
||CUPE Local 101
|Summary of Duties
||Reports to a manager and is responsible for processing site plans, landscape plans, development agreements, and condominium agreements for compliance to the Zoning By laws and Site Plan Control By-law. In the absence of manager, acts as Chairperson of the Site Plan Review Group.
- Processes site plan approval applications in accordance with Provincial and Council Policy and the Site Plan Control By-law; checks proposal for compliance to the Zoning By-laws; circulates liaisons, receives and reviews replies from other departments and agencies, compiles responses and greenline plan, and meets with consultants. Prepares the development agreement and prepares estimate for security; recommends site plan for approval and approves landscape plans and makes revisions where necessary; is familiar with the requirements for site grading and drainage plans. Updates the site plan folders in the computerized system.
- Reviews and processes applications for condominiums and prepares conditions of draft approval including amount of security. Advises the manager when and how the conditions for draft approval have been fulfilled, including site inspections and responds in writing.
- Examines all applications for building, demolition, sign, pool fences, mechanical, plumbing and drainage permits to ensure compliance with the applicable Zoning By-laws, approved site plans, other municipal by-laws, and Committee of Adjustment decisions. Calculates payments in lieu of parkland dedication. Where necessary, has revisions made to plans by the designer to comply with requirements.
- Advises the Development and Zoning Officers on the suitability of professionally prepared landscape plans.
- Ensures the preconditions, including securities of a registered development agreement have been fulfilled and updates the computer system. Signs and updates building permits when Site Plan approval is completed.
- Makes presentations to the Planning and Environment Committee and the public on various site plan applications.
- Acts as Chairperson of the Site Plan Review Group. Determines if public site plan meetings are required, and coordinates removal of holding provisions of the Zoning By-law.
- Prepares and sends out public notices in accordance with Council Policy and procedures and prepares reports for Planning and Environment Committee and other Committees of Council.
- In processing the site plan applications, conducts pre-construction site inspections to determine the extent of the existing conditions on the site and on adjacent lands. Inspects sites to ensure compliance with all development agreement requirements and with the approved site plan. Reviews deficiencies with the owner and/or owner's agent and ensures problems are rectified and/or new site plans approved.
- Prepares quantity takeoffs and construction estimates; prepares tender calls, writes specifications and administers contracts; provides site supervision and inspection reports; reviews invoices for payment in accordance with the Construction Lien Act, and prepares change orders.
- Releases security for a development agreement when appropriate, or calls security when a project is in default.
- Attends the Site Plan Review Group meetings and processes applications in accordance with established policies. Reviews concept plans at the request of the Development Services Division/Planning/ at the re-zoning stage.
- Reviews/approves applications for Fire Routes.
- Meets with applicants and/or consultants to resolve zoning and design problems. Reviews and accepts tree preservation reports.
- Provides information to the public and developers on the status of site plan approval applications.
- Gives expert evidence before Ontario Municipal Board hearings and the courts as required.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Landscape Architecture degree.
- Eligible for membership in O.A.L.A.
- Three to four years' related experience.
|Specialized Training and Licenses
Working knowledge of Autocad Light.
Valid Driver's Licence - Class G.
||$47,103 to $68,148
||This is a permanent position being filled on a temporary basis for up to one year.
Please Upload Your Transcripts With Your Application (under the Documents Section)
Please note successful candidates will be asked to provide a Police Information Check dated within the last six months. This documentation would not be required until further in the recruitment process (following the interview stage if selected).
The Corporation of the City of London strives to foster a workplace in which all individuals maximize their potential, regardless of their differences. We are committed to attracting, engaging, developing and celebrating exceptional people in public service who are representative of our community.
The City of London is also committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process.