Are you interested in this career opportunity? Click on Apply Now! and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Neighbourhood, Children & Fire Services
|Posting Closed Date
||Intern - Neighbourhood, Children & Fire Services
|Summary of Duties
- Identification of local ethno-cultural groups, faith groups and community groups in London
- Collaborate, engage and create partnerships with all groups and communities; develop an understanding of their dynamic needs
Minimum grade 12
Multilingual (preferably 3 languages or more)
Valid Ontario driver's license
Possess a sound understanding and appreciation of culture and issues
Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills
Program and community development, program implementation and coordiation skills are desirable
Eligibility under the City of London Internship Program as follows (see below): MUST MEET CRITERIA AS EITHER A NEW IMMIGRANT OR PERSON WITH SELF-DECLARED DISABILITY WHICH POSES EMPLOYMENT BARRIERS OR RECENT LOCAL POST-SECONDARY GRADUATE.
- New to Canada within the past 3 years, and
- Graduate of a recognized post-secondary education institute with Canadian equivalency, and
- English benchmark level 6 or above, and
- Legally entitled to work in Canada.
Person with self-declared disability which poses employment barriers:
- Limited work experience in their chosen field, and
- Graduate of a recognized post-secondary education institute
Recent local post-secondary graduate:
- London resident who has graduated from a recognized post-secondary education institute within the past year and has limited work experience in their chosen field, OR
- Graduate of a London area recognized post-secondary education institute within the past year, but not currently living in London
- Limited work experience in their chosen field.
||$14.67 per hour
||Term is for Spring/Summer 2014.
||Please note successful canddiates will be asked to provide a Police Information Check dated within the last six months. This documentation would not be required until further in the recruitment process (following the interview stage if selected).
The Corporation of the City of London strives to foster a workplace in which all individuals maximize their potential, regardless of their differences. We are committed to attracting, engaging, developing and celebrating exceptional people in public service who are representative of our community.
The City of London is also committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process.