Are you interested in this career opportunity? Click on Apply Now! and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this opportunity to a friend.
||Neighbourhood, Children & Fire Services
|Posting Closed Date
||Art/Preschool Instructor (Stronach Community Recreation Centre)
|Summary of Duties
||City of London offers a variety of programs that provide opportunities for children, youth and adults designed to entertain, educate, motivate and promote well being…all while having a GREAT time!
ROLE: Under the supervision of a Facility Program Supervisor or a Supervisor of the Parks and Recreation Division is responsible for the instruction or leading of a program/activity (or assist in instruction or leading).
||• Plan and implement a varied recreational program involving crafts, active and quiet games, sports and special events for children, youth and adults.
• Supervise the participants of a program or activity.
• Ensure the participants are participating in a safe, caring and welcoming environment.
• Maintain daily records of; attendance, program activities, equipment check.
• Maintain an inventory of first-aid supplies.
• Ensure that equipment, facilities and grounds are safe play areas for children, youth and adults.
• Provide a final written evaluation of the program (if required).
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
||• Police Vulnerable Sector Check (PVSC) required prior to employment.
• Standard First Aid & CPR C certification required prior to employment.
• High Five Healthy Child Development Certification required.
• Related experience with children, youth and adults an asset.
• Able to demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills.
• Minimum ages may apply.
||$10.25 per hour and up
||HOURS OF WORK
• Please note that this is a casual part time position.
• Maximum of 24 hours per week.
Instructor wages vary depending on the program and qualifications needed.
Stronach Community Recreation Centre
Please include resume, cover letter, contact information for two references and photocopies of certifications. Applicants will be required to produce a current Vulnerable Persons Police Check at the time of interview, or receipt that it has been applied for.
The Corporation of the City of London strives to foster a workplace in which all individuals maximize their potential, regardless of their differences. We are committed to attracting, engaging, developing and celebrating exceptional people in public service who are representative of our community.
The City of London is also committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process.