Are you interested in this career opportunity? Click on Apply Now! and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Environmental & Engineering/Solid Waste Operations
|Posting Closed Date
||Intern - Solid Waste Management
|Summary of Duties
||The Intern will work with the City of London’s Solid Waste Management team on a range of duties from research to public education. The Solid Waste Management Division is responsible for waste management planning and the day-to-day delivery of services and operation of facilities. In addition to assisting staff with their duties the Intern will be assigned projects that will be completed within their work term.
The normal hours of work are 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday from 8:30 to 4:30. Work outside the normal hours will be expected including evenings, early mornings and weekend work.
College or University Degree in Environmental Studies, Geography, Promotion/Marketing/Communications or Information Technology
Valid Driver's Licence - Class G.
Eligibility under the City of London Internship Program as follows (see below): MUST MEET CRITERIA AS EITHER A NEW IMMIGRANT OR PERSON WITH SELF-DECLARED DISABILITY WHICH POSES EMPLOYMENT BARRIERS OR RECENT LOCAL POST-SECONDARY GRADUATE.
- New to Canada within the past 3 years, and
- Graduate of a recognized post-secondary education institute with Canadian equivalency, and
- English benchmark level 6 or above, and connected with an academic or employment support agency, and
- Legally entitled to work in Canada.
Person with self-declared disability which poses employment barriers:
- Limited work experience in their chosen field, and
- Graduate of a recognized post-secondary education institute, and
- Connected with an academic or employment support agency.
Recent local post-secondary graduate:
- London resident who has graduated from a recognized post-secondary education institute within the past year and has limited work experience in their chosen field, OR
- Graduate of a London area recognized post-secondary education institute within the past year, but not currently living in London
- Limited work experience in their chosen field.
||$14.67 per hour
||Term is from September - December 2013
||Please note successful candidates will be asked to provide a criminal record check, dated within the last six months. This documentation would not be required until further in the recruitment process (following the interview stage if selected).
The Corporation of the City of London strives to foster a workplace in which all individuals maximize their potential, regardless of their differences. We are committed to attracting, engaging, developing and celebrating exceptional people in public service who are representative of our community.
The City of London is also committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process.