Are you interested in this career opportunity? Click on Apply Now! and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Corporate Services/Human Resources
|Posting Closed Date
||Specialist I, Labour Relations & Intake Administrator
||Temporary - Full Time
|Summary of Duties
||Reports to the Manager, Labour Relations. Coordinates and conducts employment related investigations, management chair for bargaining unit job evaluation committees, coordinates maintenance and review of job descriptions for all bargaining units. Assists in a variety of labour relations activities as required.
- Responsible for employment related investigations and ensures files are accurate and properly documented.
- Manages the joint job evaluation process for various bargaining units including chairing all joint job evaluation committees, maintenance of job evaluation files, ensuring updated job descriptions are maintained and compliance with job evaluation process.
- Develops and delivers training plans for managers regarding investigations and job evaluation.
- Conducts research regarding investigations.
- Liaises with outside organizations to ensure consistency of job requirements and qualifications.
- Prepares reports related to investigations and/or job evaluation.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
||University degree or Community College diploma in Human Resources Administration, Business Administration or related areas.
Five to seven years labour relations experience with a focus on conducting investigations and administering job evaluation processes.
Highly developed interpersonal, human relations, presentation and research skills.
Superior written and oral communication skills.
Proficient use of personal computer with variety of software packages.
||$65,513 to $88,320
||This is a permanent position being filled on a temporary basis for up to two years.
Please note successful candidates will be asked to provide a basic criminal record check dated within the last six months. This documentation would not be required until further in the recruitment process (following the interview stage if selected).
The Corporation of the City of London strives to foster a workplace in which all individuals maximize their potential, regardless of their differences. We are committed to attracting, engaging, developing and celebrating exceptional people in public service who are representative of our community.
The City of London is also committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process.