Are you interested in this career opportunity? Click on Apply Now! and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||NCFS/ London Fire Department
|Posting Closed Date
||Permanent - Full Time
||Fire - Prevention
|Summary of Duties
||Reporting to the Director of Training, the Training Instructor is responsible and accountable for performing functions and duties related to the design, development, planning, maintenance, evaluation of internal and external education and training programs and courses with an emphasis on the health and safety of all staff. The Training Instructor works in close cooperation with all members of the Fire Department team to ensure excellence in the delivery of external and internal customer services.
- Conducts research and reviews of existing educational and training programs and courses and provides recommendations with respect to their utility.
- Designs and develops contemporary education and training programs and courses as assigned including programs to address Fire Department goals and objectives for staff development and skill maintenance initiatives.
- Develops tools to measure, monitor, evaluate and provide for feedback associated with education and training programs to ensure quality outcomes.
- Attends and successfully completes London Fire Department Staff Development Program initiatives such as educational courses, training programs and skill maintenance workshops and seminars as directed by the Fire Chief.
- Examines, reviews and assesses education and training programs and courses to ensure compliance with standards and applicable guidelines.
- Participates in the development, implementation and maintenance of quality improvement activities including recommending quality objectives, processes and quality indicators.
- Analyses information and reports to identify education and training needs necessary to counteract trends relating to injuries, fire losses etc.
- Attends, while on-duty, major emergencies to provide assistance to the Incident Commander as requested.
- Ability to perform the responsibilities and duties of a Training Instructor as specified within the Training Instructor's job description including a working knowledge of all applicable legislation, standards, Fire Department Standard Operational Guidelines and the effective application of contemporary adult education techniques for the delivery of education and training programs and courses.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully complete advanced education and training programs and the competence to successfully complete the requirements and objectives of Fire Department Staff Development Program.
- Successfully completed advanced education and training programs specific to adult education, training program development, delivery and evaluation as well as quality control initiatives.
- Exhibit proficient business related verbal and written communication skills, research and report writing skills, a working knowledge of existing Fire Department computer software applications and the aptitude to learn and use additional programs.
- Demonstrated skill and the ability to transfer information and knowledge to others while presenting oneself in a capable, competent, courteous and professional manner.
- Ability to perform effectively as an individual and as a member of a team.
- Ability to design, develop, deliver, monitor and evaluate education and training programs and courses in accordance with Fire Department goals and objectives in an effective and efficient manner.
- Ability to successfully complete the training requirements to develop, deliver and evaluate the First Responder Program as provided for by the London Fire Department Training Division.
- A minimum of 10 years of demonstrated full time fire fighting and rescue experience.
- Completion of, or ability to successfully complete and attain all required qualifications to become a First Responder Instructor as required.
- Successful completion of Grade 12 or equivalent.
- Possess a valid DZ driver's license or equivalent.
||$92,930 (115% First Class Firefighter)
||PLEASE UPLOAD YOUR TRANSCRIPTS WITH YOUR APPLICATION (Under the Documents Section).
Please note successful candidates will be asked to provide a basic criminal record check, dated within the last six months. This documentation would not be required until further in the recruitment process (following the interview stage if selected).
The Corporation of the City of London strives to foster a workplace in which all individuals maximize their potential, regardless of their differences. We are committed to attracting, engaging, developing and celebrating exceptional people in public service who are representative of our community.
The City of London is also committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process.