Are you interested in this career opportunity? Click on Apply Now! and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||EES - Transportation Planning & Design
|Posting Closed Date
||Intern - Transportation Planning & Design
|Summary of Duties
||Under the direction of Engineering staff, the incumbent shall perform the following tasks: traffic counts; speed surveys; road alignment deficiency studies; pedestrian crossing studies; traffic signal optimization modelling (syncho6); parking inventory update; collision data assembly (analysis and report); level survey assistance; technical support for various capital project design and assessments; special projects.
Seeking a recent Civil Engineering graduate from an accredited university. Advanced skills and knowledge of MS Office, good work ethic, Transportation Engineering knowledge and related courses.
Valid Driver's Licence - Class G with access to vehicle.
Eligibility under the City of London Internship Program as follows (see below): MUST MEET CRITERIA AS EITHER A NEW IMMIGRANT OR PERSON WITH SELF-DECLARED DISABILITY WHICH POSES EMPLOYMENT BARRIERS OR RECENT LOCAL POST-SECONDARY GRADUATE.
- New to Canada within the past 3 years, and
- Graduate of a recognized post-secondary education institute with Canadian equivalency, and
- English benchmark level 6 or above, and connected with an academic or employment support agency, and
- Legally entitled to work in Canada.
Person with self-declared disability which poses employment barriers:
- Limited work experience in their chosen field, and
- Graduate of a recognized post-secondary education institute, and
- Connected with an academic or employment support agency.
Recent local post-secondary graduate:
- London resident who has graduated from a recognized post-secondary education institute within the past year and has limited work experience in their chosen field, OR
- Graduate of a London area recognized post-secondary education institute within the past year, but not currently living in London
- Limited work experience in their chosen field.
||$14.67 per hour
||Term is from September - December 2013
||Please note successful candidates will be asked to provide a criminal record check, dated within the last six months. This documentation would not be required until further in the recruitment process (following the interview stage if selected).
The Corporation of the City of London strives to foster a workplace in which all individuals maximize their potential, regardless of their differences. We are committed to attracting, engaging, developing and celebrating exceptional people in public service who are representative of our community.
The City of London is also committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process.