Are you interested in this career opportunity? Click on Apply Now! and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Environmental & Engineering/Transportation
|Posting Closed Date
||Co-op Student - Transportation & Roadside Operations
||Student - Co-Op
||CUPE Local 101
|Position Start Date
|Position End Date
|Summary of Duties
Assistance is required with the inspections of the City of London’s sidewalk system. The duties successful applicants will perform are the following, but not limited to:
- Walking the entire sidewalk system within the City of London.
- The ability to identify trip hazards and deficiencies in the sidewalk system.
- Enter data onto a PC tablet while on site.
- Perform other inspections as required on walkways etc.
Successful candidates must be physically fit and be able to carry a laptop while walking for the entire work day.
||Must be enrolled full-time in a Civil Engineering Technology Co-op Diploma Program (preferably in first year) at a recognized college where this term of employment would be a viable Co-op placement.
|Specialized Training and Licenses
||Preference will be given to candidates with a 'G' License.
||$14.67 per hour
- This is a fulll-time temporary Co-op position for a period of up to four months.
Please upload your transcripts with your application (under Documents Section) as well as two letters of reference.
Note: The successful candidate will be required to provide the following documentation prior to being hired:
- Basic Criminal Record Search (completed within 6 months of application date) – please refer to the London Police website for information on obtaining this search: Police Records Check
- Documentation confirming the applicant is enrolled in a recognized Community College Civil Engineering Technology Co-op program.
The Corporation of the City of London strives to foster a workplace in which all individuals maximize their potential, regardless of their differences. We are committed to attracting, engaging, developing and celebrating exceptional people in public service who are representative of our community.
The City of London is also committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process.