Are you interested in this career opportunity? Click on Apply Now! and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Housing and Social Services/Ontario Works
|Posting Closed Date
||Manager I, Ontario Works
||Temporary - Full Time
|Summary of Duties
The Manager of Ontario Works is a leadership position that has responsibility for the delivery of Ontario Works and related services. This role helps ensure program accountability through recruitment, training, coaching, and all other aspects of performance management of their staff team as well as the management of any assigned purchase of service contracts.
- Liaise with internal and external clients, organizations, and government ministries to make sure that the highest quality services are delivered effectively and efficiently;
- Maintain expertise, and ensure staff proficiency and compliance, in required areas of provincial legislation, directives, municipal policies, and local procedures;
- Assess work priorities, assign resources, and exercise delegated authority;
- Make decisions regarding complex cases, internal reviews, and appeals;
- Help to develop and implement short and long term business objectives and procedures that support a strong service system;
- Act as a resource to various committees and participate in community group meetings; and
- Participate in various assigned projects and initiatives.
- Successful completion of a degree in Social Sciences, Counselling, Business, or Public Administration or other related discipline.
- 3-5 years leadership experience in a similar role.
- Proven leadership abilities demonstrating a capacity to supervise and support staff and manage services in a dynamic work environment.
- Demonstrated success as a change agent which has included utilization of leadership and facilitation skills.
- Computer literacy and technology proficiency.
- Flexibility with a high level of initiative and self direction.
- Ability to manage multiple and competing demands.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
|Specialized Training and Licenses
||Skills and abilities in the following areas is an asset:
Knowledge of the Ontario Works Act and Directives.
This posting is for a temporary contract for up to 2 years.
||PLEASE UPLOAD YOUR TRANSCRIPTS WITH YOUR APPLICATION (Under the Documents Section).
Please note successful candidates will be asked to provide a basic criminal record check, dated within the last six months. This documentation would not be required until further in the recruitment process (following the interview stage if selected).
The Corporation of the City of London strives to foster a workplace in which all individuals maximize their potential, regardless of their differences. We are committed to attracting, engaging, developing and celebrating exceptional people in public service who are representative of our community.
The City of London is also committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process.