Are you interested in this career opportunity? Click on Apply Now! and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Corporate Services/Corporate Communications
|Posting Closed Date
||Manager I, Corporate Communications
||Permanent - Full Time
|Summary of Duties
||Reporting to the Director, Corporate Communications. Responsible for developing various communication strategies and supervision of staff.
- Responsible for developing communication strategies on highly confidential matters including development of key messages and media relations strategies as it relates to labour relations matters.
- Supervises staff and recommends on promotions, demotions, transfers, salary adjustments, staff discipline and also carries out on-going performance appraisals for staff within the Communications Division.
- Responsible for assessing and assisting the communications needs for individual Councillors.
- Oversee and assist with creation of media releases, publications, web content and design (internet, blogs and other social media).
- Provide strategic communications advice to assist with effective community relations, public engagement and public education.
- Provide advice and training on issues management and media relations.
- Responsible for planning and managing special events such as ribbon cuttings, ground breakings, town hall meetings.
- Attends meetings, as required, Council, Board of Control and Standing Committees to provide communications advice and support.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
||University Degree or College Diploma in Communications or Public Relations.
|Specialized Training and Licenses
||Skills and abilities in the following areas are necessary:
- An experienced communications professional with a minimum of three years of experience in communications and/or public relations.
- Sound understanding of municipal government and political processes.
- Superior interpersonal skills, and written and oral communications skills.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgment, impact and influence others, exercise creativity and manage human and financial resources.
- Knowledge and ability to use social media tools and other software tools related to blogs and websites (eg: WordPress).
||$65,513 - $88,320
||PLEASE UPLOAD YOUR TRANSCRIPTS WITH YOUR APPLICATION (Under the Documents Section).
Please note successful candidates will be asked to provide a basic criminal record check, dated within the last six months. This documentation would not be required until further in the recruitment process (following the interview stage if selected).
The Corporation of the City of London strives to foster a workplace in which all individuals maximize their potential, regardless of their differences. We are committed to attracting, engaging, developing and celebrating exceptional people in public service who are representative of our community.
The City of London is also committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process.