Are you interested in this career opportunity? Click on Apply Now! and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Environmental & Engineering Services
|Posting Closed Date
||Garage Servicer/Truck Washer
||Permanent - Full Time
||CUPE Local 107
|Summary of Duties
||Works under the direction of a Supervisor or designate. Responsible for washing and cleaning of all equipment and responsible for the minor maintenance and lubrication maintenance of mechanical equipment at garages.
- Lubricates all mechanical equipment and changes oil and filters.
- Visually inspects mechanical equipment during lubrication and reports on check sheets.
- Performs minor mechanical repairs as required.
- Prepares new or replacement vehicles and equipment for service.
- Assists other employees in the division with heavy work.
- Occasionally changes tires and wheel assemblies.
- Moves vehicles and equipment to and from lubrication and wash areas, where applicable, and occasionally picks up parts and transports vehicles.
- Uses hand and power tools and equipment, such as pressure grease guns, oil-changing equipment and power washer.
- Prepares and maintains written work records, such as time sheets and PM inspection reports.
- Cleans and inspects shop equipment, safety equipment and tools as required.
- Washes trucks and other mechanical equipment. Cleans and degreases vehicles and equipment prior to preventative maintenance, inspections, and repairs.
- As assigned, performs related duties which are transient, or of an emergency nature, or which are minor, but recurring.
||Successful completion of Grade 12 in the Province of Ontario or equivalent.
|Specialized Training and Licenses
- Must have recognized wheel end training and certification.
- Valid Class DZ Driver's Licence.
- Working knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Basic knowledge of equipment maintenance.
||$20.47 to $22.75 per hr
||Note: shift work may be required.
The Corporation of the City of London strives to foster a workplace in which all individuals maximize their potential, regardless of their differences. We are committed to attracting, engaging, developing and celebrating exceptional people in public service who are representative of our community.
The City of London is also committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process.