Are you interested in this career opportunity? Click on Apply Now! and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Housing & Social Services
|Posting Closed Date
||Managing Director, Housing and Social Services
||Permanent - Full Time
|Summary of Duties
Reporting to the City Manager, the Managing Director is a leadership role responsible for the direction and operation of the Housing and Ontario Works Division. The Managing Director is responsible for the efficient and effective overall management of these Municipal Social Services delivery systems under the appropriate Provincial Legislation, regulations, guidelines and municipal policies and procedures.
- Administers the Provincial Ontario Works Act, their attached regulations and the related Provincial guidelines, Municipal Council Policy and Departmental procedures.
- Maintains efficient Housing and Ontario Works Municipal Social Services delivery systems under appropriate Provincial Legislation, Regulations, Guidelines and Municipal policies and procedures.
- Acts on behalf of the Consolidated Municipal Services Manager in the administration and delivery of Social Housing services and Ontario Works within the City of London and the County of Middlesex.
- Formulates and recommends social housing and Ontario Works policies for consideration by City Council.
- Provides advice and prepares reports, including recommendations, to the City Manager and Standing Committees of City Council on Housing and Ontario Works related matters.
- Formulates reports and recommendations on housing supply policies and programs.
- Serves on administrative advisory groups or task forces dealing with Housing and Ontario Works.
- Recommends on hiring, promotions, demotions, transfers, salary adjustments and staff discipline within Division.
- Supervises divisional managers and staff.
- Recommends to the city manager new divisional programs and policies as well as enhancements to existing divisional programs and policies.
- Develops and maintains systems and procedures appropriate to the divisional programs and their operation.
- Maintains communications and relationships with various community contacts and government agencies.
- Develops and monitors divisional budgets.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Masters degree in Public Administration, Social Sciences or Business Administration.
Skills and abilities in the following areas are necessary:
- Seven years previous leadership experience in a similar role.
- Significant experience as an effective operations manager.
- Demonstrated ability to set and influence the strategic direction of an organization.
- Exceptional analytical and information-seeking skills that contribute to effective decision-making and strategic planning and execution of action plans that deliver results and motivate individuals for greater performance excellence
- Proven leadership abilities demonstrating a capacity to support staff and services in a dynamic work environment.
- Demonstrated success as a change agent which has included utilization of leadership and facilitation skills.
- Flexibility with a high level of initiative and self direction.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and competing demands.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
The Corporation of the City of London strives to foster a workplace in which all individuals maximize their potential, regardless of their differences. We are committed to attracting, engaging, developing and celebrating exceptional people in public service who are representative of our community.
The City of London is also committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process.