Are you interested in this career opportunity? Click on Apply Now! and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Environmental & Engineering/Solid Waste Operations
|Posting Closed Date
||Solid Waste Management Intern
||Student - Summer
||CUPE Local 101
|Summary of Duties
||To assist with a variety of solid waste projects including education and enforcement programs to reduce contamination in Blue Boxes, groundwater and surface water monitoring, education and awareness programs in multi-residential buildings as well as monitoring and recycling set outs at the curb or in multi-residential buildings. Other work will include: data entry, deliveries, responding to customer calls & emails and assisting with waste audits.
- Must be currently enrolled in a full time program at a recognized college or university and intend to return to school full time following the term of employment.
- Full G driver's license required.
- Preference to students in Engineering, Geography, Environmental Sciences or Environmental Technology.
||This is a full-time temporary position from May to August 2013.
Please upload your transcripts with your application (under Documents Section) as well as two letters of reference.
Note: The successful candidate will be required to provide the following documentation prior to being hired:
- Basic Criminal Record Search (completed within 6 months of application date) – please refer to the London Police website for information on obtaining this search: Police Records Check
- Documentation confirming the student's intent to return to school full-time in September 2013.
This documentation would not be required until further in the recruitment process (following the interview stage if selected).
The Corporation of the City of London strives to foster a workplace in which all individuals maximize their potential, regardless of their differences. We are committed to attracting, engaging, developing and celebrating exceptional people in public service who are representative of our community.
The City of London is also committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process.