Are you interested in this career opportunity? Click on Apply Now! and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Various Service Areas
|Posting Closed Date
||Administrative/Clerical Support Co-op Student
||Student - Co-Op
||CUPE Local 101
|Position Start Date
|Position End Date
|Summary of Duties
There will be a number of Co-op Administrative/Clerical Support positions at the City for the summer months. Duties will vary, but will include tasks such as:
- Provides quality customer service to the public by telephone and in person, taking the initiative to employ problem-solving techniques, directing more complex issues to the appropriate managerial staff and providing Divisional and Departmental information.
- Receives and transcribes dictation and prepares all forms of correspondence, agendas, minutes, reports, statements and forms, assuring grammatical and arithmetical accuracy.
- Receives and processes mail, maintaining a record of all incoming mail in data base software.
- Maintains, updates, and coordinates division filing systems. Initiates and maintains an appropriate file numbering system for all correspondence.
- Operates standard office equipment, including personal computer, photocopier and fax machine.
- Scans documents and files them in the City's electronic document management system (Livelink).
- Enters information in databases and generates reports.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Must be enrolled full time in a Office Executive Administration Co-op Diploma program at a recognized college where this term of employment would be a viable Co-op placement.
- Experience with Microsoft Word and data entry software.
- Typing speed of 50 wpm with high degree of accuracy.
- Experience in working with the public.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
||Please note these positions are subject to budget approval.
Note: The successful candidate will be required to provide the following documentation prior to being hired:
Basic Criminal Record Search (completed within 6 months of application date) – please refer to the London Police website for information on obtaining this search - www.police.london.ca
2. Documentation confirming the applicant is enrolled in a recognized Community College Office Executive Administration Co-op program.
3. Two letters of Reference to be provided at the interview.
The Corporation of the City of London strives to foster a workplace in which all individuals maximize their potential, regardless of their differences. We are committed to attracting, engaging, developing and celebrating exceptional people in public service who are representative of our community.
The City of London is also committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process.