Are you interested in this career opportunity? Click on Apply Now! and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Parks and Recreation/Aquatics
|Posting Closed Date
||Aquatics - Summer Instructor/Lifeguard
|Summary of Duties
||Under the direction of the Pool Manager or Assistant Pool Manager, Instructor/Lifeguards will be responsible for ensuring safety of swimmers and instructing quality swim lessons.
- To have at all times current: Standard First Aid w/ CPR C, National Lifeguard - Pool, Red Cross Water Safety Instructor, Lifesaving Society Instructor, Vulnerable Persons Police Screening
- To be knowledgeable of, and to enforce, all City of London Policies and other relevant legislation, including but not limited to health regulations, cash handling, computer and telephone usage, etc.
- To promote public water safety education and to be involved in Water Smart events.
- To be directly accountable for the activities and programs at his/her pool.
- To assist in the promotion and advertising of programs and activities under the direction of the Deck Supervisor / Pool Manager.
- To work no more than 40 hours per week or 8 hours per day and to adhere to the Employment Standards Act.
- To be actively involved in programming taking place in the facility, including but not limited to lessons and recreational swims.
- To prepare lesson plans for all levels and have available during lesson times.
- To carry out cleaning duties as assigned by the Deck Supervisor or Pool Manager.
- To be responsible for completing a time sheet neatly and accurately.
- To ensure accurate, timely and complete submission of all forms and records including but not limited time sheets, worksheets, progress cards, accident and incident reports.
- To attend and participate in all training sessions.
- To maintain a neat and tidy workspace at all times.
- To be prepared for active participation in regular and special events.
- To address, and report to management, all disciplinary issues involving the public or staff.
- To be a representative of the City of London and maintain a professional image at all times.
- To be in uniform at all times.
- Other duties as assigned.
||$11.25 per hour
||Duration and hours may vary depending on length of season and daily weather conditions
must apply online (www.london.ca/mycareer
) with a resume, cover letter and required qualifications.
All qualifications required for the position must be included with the application. Copies of permanent cards are preferred however temporary cards that are within 3 months of the certification date are acceptable. If you have not yet taken the required course but will be certified before summer, please provide proof of enrolment in the course. i.e. receipt.
Police Vulnerable Sector Check (PVSC)- all successful applicants will be required to obtain this check prior to starting employment however it is not required at the time of interview. Staff will not be permitted to work without this document.
who submitted a PVSC in summer 2012 or after may be required to fill out an Offence Declaration form. This will be indicated in your offer of employment. Electronic copies of this form can be found at www.london.ca/mycareer
under the ‘Notices’ section on the right-hand side. If a PVSC was not submitted since summer 2011, you will be required to submit a new one conducted in the past six (6) months. It can take up to 2 months to complete this process so please plan accordingly.
Please name uploaded documents (resume, etc.) starting with Last Name, then First Name.
The Corporation of the City of London strives to foster a workplace in which all individuals maximize their potential, regardless of their differences. We are committed to attracting, engaging, developing and celebrating exceptional people in public service who are representative of our community.
The City of London is also committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process.