Are you interested in this career opportunity? Click on Apply Now! and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Planning/Long Range Planning & Research
|Posting Closed Date
||Co-op or Summer Student - Planning Policy & Programs
||CUPE Local 101
|Summary of Duties
The Student Planning will assist Planners on a variety of policy and planning related assignments:
- Research, survey and data-gathering and input
- Data analysis
- Assist in development of presentations/public meeting set-up
- Mapping and mapping analysis
- Responding to public and internal inquiries
- Report writing
- Assist and participate in public meetings
- Completed 2nd year Bachelor’s program in Planning or related discipline or Regional and Urban Planning Technology Program
- Computer skills in Windows Office Program – Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Working knowledge of ARCGIS 9.3
- Excellent writing and customer service skills
- Presentation skills
- Well organized and able to work independently
||$14.95 per hour
||This is a full-time, temporary Co-op or Summer Student position from May to August 2014.
Please upload your transcripts with your application (under Documents Section) as well as two letters of reference.
Note: The successful candidate will be required to provide the following documentation prior to being hired:
- Police Information Check (completed within 6 months of application date) – please refer to the London Police website for information on obtaining this search: Police Records Check
- Documentation confirming the student is enrolled in a recognized Community College Co-op program OR documentation confirming the student's intent to return to school full-time in September 2014.
This documentation would not be required until further in the recruitment process (following the interview stage if selected).
The Corporation of the City of London strives to foster a workplace in which all individuals maximize their potential, regardless of their differences. We are committed to attracting, engaging, developing and celebrating exceptional people in public service who are representative of our community.
The City of London is also committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process.