Are you interested in this career opportunity? Click on Apply Now! and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Neighbourhood, Children & Fire Services
|Posting Closed Date
||Adult Fitness Instructor
|Summary of Duties
Recreation programs provide all citizens the opportunity to improve self esteem, motor skills, creativity, physical fitness and social skills through a variety of crafts, arts, and physical activities.
Role: Under the supervision of a Neighbourhood and Children Services Supervisor, the Fitness Instructor is responsible for leading a high quality program at specific site locations throughout the City of London.
- Lead high quality introductory fitness programs to adult participants.
- Maintain daily records of attendance, accident reports, injuries and safety checks.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service skills and a positive and professional attitude when communicating with participants, the general public, school personnel and coworkers.
- Ensure that equipment and facilities are in safe working condition and report any concerns to Supervisor.
- Assist with the distribution of program literature as required.
- Ensure all City of London policies and practices are adhered to.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- Experience working in a recreation environment, with a minimum of 1 year fitness teaching experience an asset.
- Certification in fitness required (Can Fit Pro Fitness Instructor or equivalent).
- Able to demonstrate good communication, high energy, enthusiasm and positive attitude.
- Excellent written/oral communication skills.
- Standard First Aid/ CPR C certification
- Current Vulnerable Positions Screening Police Reference Check satisfactory to the City of London.
- Minimum of 18 years or older.
||Please note: Program sites are located throughout the City. Applicant will be responsible for their own transportation to and from the program site(s) at their own expense.
Duration of employment will depend on class and participant registration. Fall, Winter, Spring and Summer sessions operate between 8-10 weeks. Class lengths will vary depending on season and location.
||Please upload resume, cover letter, contact information for two references and photocopies of certifications. Applicants will be required to produce a current Vulnerable persons Police Check at the time of Interview, or receipt that it has been applied for.
The Corporation of the City of London strives to foster a workplace in which all individuals maximize their potential, regardless of their differences. We are committed to attracting, engaging, developing and celebrating exceptional people in public service who are representative of our community.
The City of London is also committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process.