Are you interested in this career opportunity? Click on Apply Now! and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Parks and Recreation
|Posting Closed Date
||Casual Building Attendant - Arenas
|Summary of Duties
Must be Highly Motivated, Positive and Self Starter. Under the direction of the Facility Supervisor and Operator on duty, the Building Attendant is responsible for providing service to ensure the safe, clean operation of the arenas and facilities.
- Answering phones, providing information and answering questions
- Operating sound system for announcements, music, etc.
- Moving nets and pegging as required
- Responsible for dressing room locks and keys
- Cleaning and checking all rooms after each team is finished
- Shoveling walkways and exits and salt and sand as required to avoid slips and falls
- Checking and cleaning washrooms
- Cleaning and sweeping lobby, rink ends, all dressing rooms and washrooms
- Keeping utility rooms and offices neat and tidy at all times
- Empty all full garbage containers as required
- Supervising the rink during public skating in the role of a Skate Cruiser
- Filling out accident reports, vandalism reports, customer discipline reports, etc.
- Performing other related duties as assigned
1. Green patch work boots.
2. CSA approved hockey helmet (less than 5 years old).
3. Ability to ice skate.
4. Ability to work shift hours as required - primarily evenings and weekends .
5. Current emergency first aid with CPR training or ability to obtain by September 2013.
6. Current 2013 Police Information Check satisfactory to the Corporation of the City of London must be handed in at time of interview.
7. Must be 16 years of age or older as of September 1, 2013.
8. Written references required.
For Locations: Argyle Arena, Carling Arena, Farquharson Arena, Glen Cairn Arena, Kinsmen Arena, Lambeth Arena, Medway Arena, Nichols Arena, Silverwood Arena, Stronach Arena, Victoria Park. Indicate location preference on application.
Hours of Work: Up to 24 hours per week including evenings and weekends – Start September 1, 2013. – Ends March 31, 2014.
Wage Rate: Minimum wage as reflected in the Employment Standards Acts
The Corporation of the City of London strives to foster a workplace in which all individuals maximize their potential, regardless of their differences. We are committed to attracting, engaging, developing and celebrating exceptional people in public service who are representative of our community.
The City of London is also committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process.