Are you interested in this career opportunity? Click on Apply Now! and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Housing, Social Services & Dearness Home
|Posting Closed Date
||Temporary - Part Time
||Dearness - Office
|Summary of Duties
||Under the direction of the Administrator or designate, performs clerical duties, answers and directs telephone inquiries, receives and directs visitors to the Home.
- Receives and directs incoming telephone inquiries and provides related information about the division.
- Receives and directs visitors and business representatives.
- Performs a variety of clerical duties, including typing of correspondence and reports, sorting of records, filing and distributing mail.
- Operates the public address system during emergencies.
- Assists with, and is knowledgeable about prescribed fire procedures.
- Receives cash and maintains accurate records of Pub ticket sales.
- Books Para Transit for residents on weekends.
- Receives and replaces staff sick-calls, as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Successful completion of grade 12 in the Province of Ontario or equivalent.
- Demonstrated proficiency in word-processing, spreadsheets and various software.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with clients in a pleasant and courteous manner.
- Minimum typing speed of 50 w.p.m.
||Start Rate - $16.62/hour
||This is a temporary position for up to 1 year.
IF AVAILABLE, PLEASE UPLOAD YOUR TRANSCRIPTS WITH YOUR APPLICATION (under the Documents Section).
Please note successful candidates will be asked to provide a Police Criminal Record Check dated within the last six months.
This documentation would not be required until further in the recruitment process (following the interview stage if selected).
The Corporation of the City of London strives to foster a workplace in which all individuals maximize their potential, regardless of their differences. We are committed to attracting, engaging, developing and celebrating exceptional people in public service who are representative of our community.
The City of London is also committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process.