Are you interested in this career opportunity? Click on Apply Now! and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Development & Compliance/Parking & Licensing
|Posting Closed Date
||Student - Parking
||Student - Summer
||CUPE Local 101
|Summary of Duties
Reporting to the Manager, Municipal Law Enforcement Services (Parking), the student’s primary responsibilities are to assist the Parking Meter Maintainers with the following duties:
- Investigates meter complaints
- Completes parking meter maintenance and makes necessary repairs or replaces meters where necessary
- Operates a portable data terminal to change parking meter rates and programs, and to obtain audit data
- Uses the portable data terminal daily to record meter maintenance information
- Removes and installs meter heads and mechanisms, and straightens meter posts as required
- Collects parking meter coinage in compliance with designated collection routes and schedules
- Sorts, wraps and deposits meter coins
- Operates standard office equipment, coin sorting and packaging machines, portable data terminals, personal computers, portable 2-way radios, portable drills, drill presses, grinders, various hand tools and City vehicles
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Note: This position will be 75% outdoors and 25% indoors.
Must currently be enrolled full-time in a recognized college or university program and intend to return to school full-time following his/her term of employment.
Must be physically able to lift 50 lbs.
Must have a valid Driver's License Class G.
||$14.67 per hour
||This is a full-time temporary position from May to August 2013.
Please upload your transcripts with your application (under Documents Section) as well as two letters of reference.
Note: The successful candidate will be required to provide the following documentation prior to being hired:
- Basic Criminal Record Search (completed within 6 months of application date) – please refer to the London Police website for information on obtaining this search: Police Records Check
- Documentation confirming the student's intent to return to school full-time in September 2013.
This documentation would not be required until further in the recruitment process (following the interview stage if selected).
The Corporation of the City of London strives to foster a workplace in which all individuals maximize their potential, regardless of their differences. We are committed to attracting, engaging, developing and celebrating exceptional people in public service who are representative of our community.
The City of London is also committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process.