Are you interested in this career opportunity? Click on Apply Now! and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
|Posting Closed Date
||Accounts Payable and Processing Supervisor
||Temporary - Full Time
||CUPE Local 101
|Summary of Duties
||Reports to the Manager II, Financial Support. Oversees Ontario Works Accounts Payable area responsible for processing of all Ontario Works social assistance payments, reports and data extracts generated from the Service Delivery Model Technology (SDMT). Performs financial reconciliation functions, account analysis, and payment issue resolution. Supervises and trains Data Processing Accounts Clerks and Collection and Payable Clerks.
- Coordinates and supervises the production of daily and monthly Ontario Works social assistance payments, maintains payment control and authorizes stop payments. Coordinates and submits City of London and County of Middlesex direct bank deposits, processes recalls, traces and processes client statements and reports.
- Reconciles cheques and direct bank deposits with the provincial SDMT, determines the daily bank transfer amount and resolves client payment errors generated by the system as well as from other municipalities.
- Performs account analysis and reconciliations. Corrects status of cheques/DBDs causing reconciliation concerns between the bank and general ledger. Analytical review of daily payments list to ensure validity of payment processing.
- Identifies, documents and escalates SDMT malfunctions to the Provincial SDMT Helpdesk ensuring appropriate follow-up and resolution.
- Manages Ontario Works daily and monthly data extractions to produce client payment lists required for caseworker review, financial reconciliation and cheque control. Oversees Ontario Works data files and monitors sufficient server disk space for daily download of Provincial data. Supervises the retrieval and distribution of Ontario Works funding and statistical reports.
- Supervises, trains and coordinates the work flow of the Data Processing Accounts Clerks and Collection and Payable Clerks.
- Controls all computer and manual client payments stock and drug cards, oversees requested modifications to stock and ensures sufficient supply of stock is maintained.
- Recommends and develops, in consultation with the manager, new work methods relating to the Ontario Works program. Maintains current operational manuals and associated procedures.
- Investigates, prepares and submits documents for tax purposes. Ensures compliance with Canada Revenue Agency.
- Controls, monitors and reconciles London Transit bus passes and tickets for Ontario Works clients. Consults with London Transit on client bus pass issues.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
University Degree plus completion of Foundation Studies Level of the CGA/CMA program or educational equivalent.
||Two to three years' related experience.
|Specialized Training and Licenses
Skills and ability in the following areas are necessary:
Demonstrated proficiency in word processing, spreadsheets and various software.
||$42,794 to $61,076
||This is a permanent position being filled on a temporary basis for up to 2 years.
PLEASE UPLOAD YOUR TRANSCRIPTS WITH YOUR APPLICATION (Under the Documents Section).
Please note successful candidates will be asked to provide a basic criminal record check dated within the last six months. This documentation would not be required until further in the recruitment process (following the interview stage if selected).
The Corporation of the City of London strives to foster a workplace in which all individuals maximize their potential, regardless of their differences. We are committed to attracting, engaging, developing and celebrating exceptional people in public service who are representative of our community.
The City of London is also committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process.