Are you interested in this career opportunity? Click on Apply Now! and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Dearness - Long Term Care
|Posting Closed Date
||Assistant Director of Care
||Temporary - Full Time
|Summary of Duties
Reports to and is directed by the Director of Care. Provides holistic health care by utilizing the nursing process to assess, plan and implement care in accordance with standards of practice set out by the College of Nurses of Ontario. Manages nursing personnel on the Resident Home Areas. Coordinates the multi-disciplinary care team. Liaises with Section Heads to coordinate services on the unit.
- Ensures all Dearness Home policies and procedures are followed with respect to Resident unit activities.
- Assesses, plans, implements and evaluates delivery of nursing care to residents. Assists the Director of Care with family issues.
- Coordinates Policy and Procedure changes.
- Performs Quality Audits.
- Assigns, directs and supervises all nursing personnel, including the Registered Nurses, for compliance of their roles.
- Conducts performance appraisals of Registered staff.
- Assists with the hiring, firing and discipline process.
- Provides coverage for Director of Care in his/her absence.
- Assists with the on-call coverage rotation for the Home.
- Knowledge of the Ministry of Health funding mechanisms for Long Term Care and ability to work within the guidelines to assist with maximizing funding for Nursing & Personal care.
- Completion and submission of reports to the Ministry of Health (eg. Restraint statistics, Critical Incident Reports)
- Participates in various committees and Dearness Home programs, to advise on resident health care issues (eg. Accreditation, Ethics, Pain & Symptom Management).
- Keeps up to date with developments in nursing through participation in educational programs and reviewing literature.
- Ensures compliance with the terms of the various Collective Agreements.
- Knowledge of Labour practices.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Current Registered Nurse with College of Nurses of Ontario.
- 3 Years Long Term Care experience in a managerial role.
- BSCN degree
||$75,384 - $101,646
||This is a temporary contract for up to 2 years.
||PLEASE UPLOAD YOUR TRANSCRIPTS WITH YOUR APPLICATION (Under the Documents Section).
Please note successful candidates will be asked to provide a Police Vulnerable Sector Check (PVSC), dated within the last six months. This documentation would not be required until further in the recruitment process (following the interview stage if selected).
The Corporation of the City of London strives to foster a workplace in which all individuals maximize their potential, regardless of their differences. We are committed to attracting, engaging, developing and celebrating exceptional people in public service who are representative of our community.
The City of London is also committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process.