Are you interested in this career opportunity? Click on Apply Now! and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Neighbourhood, Children & Fire Services
|Posting Closed Date
||Promotions Team Member
|Summary of Duties
||Recreation programs provide all citizens the opportunity to improve self-esteem, motor skills, creatively, physical fitness and social skills through a variety of crafts, arts, and physical activities.
Role: Under the supervision of a Neighbourhood, Children & Fire Services Supervisor the promotions team member is responsible for promoting active living through the City of London Recreation Programs.
- Promote high quality recreation activities at community events, trade shows, City facilities to encourage participation in recreation programs.
- Pick up events items prior to scheduled event and drop off after event.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service skills and a positive and professional attitude.
- Maintain daily records of attendance, accident reports, injuries, safety checks and inventory sheets.
- Ensure all City Of London policies and practices are adhered to.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Experience working in customer service and marketing with a minimum of 1 year an asset.
- Able to demonstrate good communication, high energy, enthusiasm and a positive fun attitude.
- Excellent written/oral communication skills.
- Ability to approach and promote community members about City Of London Programs and attractions.
- Must provide own vehicle.
- Standard First Aid/CPR required.
- Current Vulnerable Positions Screening Police Reference Check satisfactory to the City of London.
- Minimum age may apply.
Please note: Program event are located throughout the City. Applicant will be responsible for their own transportation to and from the event site(s).
||$12.00 per hour
Hours worked may vary from weekdays, weekends, evening/daytime.
Employment PeriodDuration of employment is part time/casual. Hours will vary throughout the year.
||Please upload resume, cover letter, contact information for two references. Applicants will be required to produce a current Vulnerable persons Police Check at the time of Interview, or receipt that it has been applied for.
The Corporation of the City of London strives to foster a workplace in which all individuals maximize their potential, regardless of their differences. We are committed to attracting, engaging, developing and celebrating exceptional people in public service who are representative of our community.
The City of London is also committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process.