Are you interested in this career opportunity? Click on Apply Now! and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Development & Compliance/Development Services
|Posting Closed Date
||Permanent - Full Time
||CUPE Local 101
|Summary of Duties
||Reports to and acts under the direction and approval of the Division Manager III. Prepares draft plan approval conditions for land development projects. Reviews, analyzes and/or recommends acceptance of municipal servicing design drawings and various engineering reports and studies. Reviews applications under provincial legislation as part of the Transfer of Review Program. Reviews, monitors security and ensures compliance of Subdivision, Servicing and Reference Plan Agreements. Responsible for office and field duties related to engineering servicing of subdivision and land development.
- Prepares pertinent clauses, claims and revenue estimates, and reports on the engineering requirements affecting proposed plans of subdivision in conjunction with the subdivision draft plan approval process.
- Serves in a liaison capacity between the Environmental Services Department and other internal Divisions and external agencies and professionals providing interpretation of and information on or co-ordinating information related to drawings, requirements and specifications, agreements, regulations and Zoning By-law and Official Plan amendments.
- Reviews, analyzes and recommends approval of subdivision and development servicing plans, technical reports and studies submitted by professional engineers.
- Reviews and recommends approval of applications to the Ministry of the Environment, under the Transfer of Review Program, as part of the requirements under provincial legislation for sewer and water distributions systems, private and industrial sewage works for both subdivision services and site plan storm water management works.
- Reviews and recommends approval to the Ministry of the Environment for all storm water management works for private sewage and industrial sewage works as part of the overall site plan application process for the Environmental Services Department.
- Performs audit of design calculations for sewers and related appurtenances, sidewalks, road layouts, lot grading plans, stormwater management systems and drainage channels.
- Reviews, monitors, ensures and/or enforces all conditions and requirements for subdivision servicing and reference plan agreements to ensure compliance.
- Calculates related subdivision/development agreement security reductions.
- Participates in meetings/committees and tender openings as required.
- Prepares, designs and recommends for approval proposed design/drawing standards for use in the City of London Standard Contract Documents Manual and City of London Design Manual.
- Undertakes review of assessments by Division staff for engineering designs, reports, drawings and written comments.
- Develops and customizes information tracking databases for use by Engineering Review Division and provides information, in report form, to other internal Divisions and produces key performance information indicators.
- Reviews and recommends approval of technical aspects of land severance applications for the London Consent Authority and variance applications from the Committee of Adjustment.
- Reviews Zoning Bylaw and Official Plan amendment applications and prepares the Environmental Services Department's recommendation to the Planning and Development Department concerning the servicing requirements effect on existing municipal services.
- Reviews and recommends for approval to the City's Product Approval Committee, various proposed sanitary and storm products and designs submitted by manufacturers and professional engineers.
- Reviews and recommends approval of quit claims of sewer easements and sewer encroachment applications within existing easements.
- Assists in the Municipal Consent Approval process by identifying potential construction conflicts and/or scheduling details between proposed subdivision(s) services and existing City services.
- Prepares various types of information such as maps, drawings, charts, graphs, drainage plans, draft plans and plots services.
- Updates computer information databases and files plans and other documents.
- Performs required site inspection and/or investigations to determine the feasibility and environmental impact of design proposals for proposed subdivision or development sites prior to writing engineering/municipal conditions for agreements or to determine resolutions to complaints and/or inquiries.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
||Three year Community College Civil Engineering Diploma recognized by Ontario Association of Certified Engineering Technician and Technologist (OACETT).
||Two years' related experience.
|Specialized Training and Licenses
Member of the Ontario Association of Certified Engineering Technicians and Technologists (OACETT) as a Certified Engineering Technologist (CET) or Associate Member of the Ontario Association of Certified Engineering Technicians and Technologists (OACETT) with full membership as a Certified Engineering Technologist (CET) completed within three years from date of hire.
Demonstrated proficiency in wordprocessing, spreadsheets and various software.
Valid Driver's Licence - Class G.
PLEASE UPLOAD YOUR TRANSCRIPTS WITH YOUR APPLICATION (Under the Documents Section).
Please note successful candidates will be asked to provide a basic criminal record check dated within the last six months. This documentation would not be required until further in the recruitment process (following the interview stage if selected).
The Corporation of the City of London strives to foster a workplace in which all individuals maximize their potential, regardless of their differences. We are committed to attracting, engaging, developing and celebrating exceptional people in public service who are representative of our community.
The City of London is also committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process.