Are you interested in this career opportunity? Click on Apply Now! and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||HR & Corporate Services/Employee Systems
|Posting Closed Date
||Payroll Systems Coordinator
||Temporary - Full Time
||CUPE Local 101
|Summary of Duties
||Under the general direction of the Manager II, Payroll Operations or designate, responsible for the development, implementation and maintenance of the Corporate payroll, scheduling and time and attendance reporting systems and subsystems, liaising with other Service Areas, Boards and Commissions staff to coordinate and effect system changes and upgrades. Includes interpretation of requirements imposed through legislative, collective agreement and/or rules/regulations; translating these to system requirements and set-up. Responsible for project development and completion including OMERS reporting, retroactive pay adjustments, T4s and T4As. Develops fringe benefit budget, reconciles and monitors accounts. Supervises and coordinates payroll activities and comments on performance of Payroll Staff.
- Responsible for the development, implementation, and maintenance of the Corporate Payroll, Scheduling Time and Attendance Report systems, OMERS Tracker and Pre-Authorized Payment System including: development of complex business process design, development or assistance with the implementation of automated solutions, monitoring the effective use of the same.
- Interprets requirements imposed through legislative, collective agreement and rules or regulations affecting Payroll, translating these to system requirements and set-up, including complex table maintenance/calculations and rules set-up.
- Performs a variety of duties related to fringe benefit accounts development and reconciliation.
- Prepares corporate fringe benefits budget development and monitoring reports.
- Monitors payment vouchers and reconciles various liability accounts.
- Develops and monitors the corporate budget for retiree benefits. Monitors the monthly pre-authorized payment schedule for retiree benefits and reconciles applicable account.
- Monitors and reconciles corporate personnel related financial accounts.
- Completes, submits and audits OMERS Annual Report of Contributory Earnings and Contributions. Reconciles and researches exceptions to same Report.
- Supervises and coordinates payroll activities, providing comments on staff performance issues as required.
- Develops and audits appropriate procedures and controls for Payroll staff and systems throughout the organization.
- Monitors system integrity and liaises with/forward to Technology Services as required.
- Provides annual plan of Payroll activities.
- Develops and maintains list of issues for all Payroll related systems that require application modification or system corrections.
- Liaises with Technology Services staff on modification requests.
- Liaises with staff in other Service Areas to provide training or develop additional system requirements to meet user needs.
- Plans and coordinates year end scheduling. Completion of year end processes including updates to software, rate and calculation changes, legislative changes, rollovers and verification of system integrity.
- Develops schedule, setup, processing, completion and ensures accuracy of T4s and T4As.
- Prepares Sick Leave Liability and Vacation Liability Reports for Financial Statements.
- Administers and coordinates the Corporate Canada Savings Bond Program.
- Undertakes major special projects as required, developing specialized reports from Payroll Systems as required.
- Assists with processing confidential human resource information as required.
- Balances payroll system to the general ledger.
- Identifies and processes all cheques to be voided or manual cheques required with assistance of system users.
- Monitors payroll journal process and reconciles exceptions.
- Resolves problems with bank reconciliations to Payroll.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
||University Degree with Level 3 CPA Payroll Management Certificate plus completion of Level 4 CGA/CMA or educational equivalent.
Four to five years' related experience.
|Specialized Training and Licenses
Skills and abilities in the following areas are necessary:
Supervisory capacity in complex, automated payroll environment.
Knowledge of payroll accounting and reporting.
||$48,933 to $71,102
This is a permanent position being filled on a temporary basis for up to two years.
Please upload your transcripts with your application (under the Documents Section).
Please note successful candidates will be asked to provide a Police Information Check dated within the last six months. This documentation would not be required until further in the recruitment process (following the interview stage if selected).
The Corporation of the City of London strives to foster a workplace in which all individuals maximize their potential, regardless of their differences. We are committed to attracting, engaging, developing and celebrating exceptional people in public service who are representative of our community.
The City of London is also committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process.