Are you interested in this career opportunity? Click on Apply Now! and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
|Posting Closed Date
||Property Services Manager, London & Middlesex Housing Corporation
||Permanent - Full Time
|Summary of Duties
||To supervise and support the onsite maintenance and office administrative team within the assigned Portfolio. To manage all maintenance issues, providing quality, affordable and sustainable housing. To coordinate the services for tenants and staff and the physical assets to provide efficient, cost-effective customer service. To collaborate effectively within LMHC as a part of a multi-disciplinary Tenant Focused team.
- Coordinate, monitor and support the activity of approximately 8 onsite Maintenance Repairpersons and a Property Services Coordinator with respect to work assignments, training, supplies, performance reviews, discipline, etc.
- Work with the Vacancy Coordinator to ensure the prompt and efficient return of vacant units to available inventory.
- Supervise, monitor and audit maintenance logs and building conditions.
- Participate in regular property inspections of tenant suites, common areas, building exteriors and landscape.
- Monitor private contractor performance (including service delivery contracts), move-out records etc. to ensure compliance with benchmarks, policies, procedures, acts and laws.
- Issue requests for quotations, award and administer small contracts, supervise work and approve invoices for services required to maintain the properties.
- Identify potential risk management concerns and implement effective corrective action and thorough documentation.
- Promote, implement and maintain safe work practices at all sites.
- Ensure compliance with all company policies, collective agreement, procedures and standards, including all relevant codes, by-laws, and property standards as monitored by authorities having jurisdiction.
- Demonstrate and promote tenant driven attitude with all staff, tenants and the public.
- Collaborate with all LMHC staff, tenants and tenant groups to resolve problems and deal with emergencies in a timely and effective manner.
- Assist in the preparation of annual budget requests for general operations and capital expenditures by providing recommendations and offering feedback.
- Work effectively as a part of a multi-disciplinary service delivery team focusing on the delivery of LMHC Mission & Values.
- Stay current with new technologies, systems and procedures related to property management.
- Participate in shared after-hours on-call responsibilities.
- Perform other related activities, as necessary or as assigned.
- Post-secondary education and / or related experience.
- Minimum of three (3) years' experience in property administration / operations.
- Prior process & personnel managerial experience required (four to five years), preferably within a unionized environment.
- Must have good knowledge of multi-residential real estate including a broad understanding of finance, leasing, legal, construction, and the tenant relations requirements of managing property and all relevant legislation.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse team based working environment and with a diverse tenant base.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to manage and complete multiple projects within designated time frames.
- Computer literacy, including effective working skills of MS Word, Excel and Outlook required; familiarity with Yardi Property Management software an asset.
- Financial and budgeting skills to administer a large budget.
- Valid driver's licence and a good driving record required. Must have access to a vehicle for daily use.
||Salary starting at $59,691
Travel will be required within the City of London and/or County of Middlesex. The candidate must possess a valid driver’s license, have access to a reliable vehicle and carry adequate insurance. As a condition of employment, the successful candidate must submit a current Police Records Check and Vulnerable Position Screening from their local police service for approval by LMHC.
This posting is for London & Middlesex Housing Corporation (LMHC)
A covering letter and resume must be submitted by 4:30 p.m., December 2, 2013.
Details on how to apply:
Employment applications may be addressed to:
Tracy Vlasman, Human Resources Manager
London & Middlesex Housing Corporation
379 Dundas Street, Suite 207
London, Ontario, N6B 1V5
Fax: 519-518-2358 or
The Corporation of the City of London strives to foster a workplace in which all individuals maximize their potential, regardless of their differences. We are committed to attracting, engaging, developing and celebrating exceptional people in public service who are representative of our community.
The City of London is also committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process.