Are you interested in this career opportunity? Click on Apply Now! and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
|Posting Closed Date
||Manager, Dietary Services
||Permanent - Full Time
|Summary of Duties
||Reports to the Administrator, Dearness Home. Responsible for the organization and management of all Dietary Department Activities.
- Maintains an organized program of nutrition care and dietary services and hydration for the residents in compliance with Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care as well as all Dearness policies and standards.
- Coordinates the planning of menus in accordance to Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care requirements and the specific requirements of the residents at the Dearness Home and any other relevant government agency.
- Ensures that all departmental needs are met within prescribed budgets including the coordination of all the purchasing of required supplies
- Ensures all Dietary Department areas are maintained in a clean and safe condition.
- Ensures food safety program is effectively in place (HACCP).
- Monitors food production and service.
- Schedules regular staff meetings.
- Involved in employee management within Dietary Services including performance management, hiring, promotion, demotion, and implementation of disciplinary actions.
- Monitors all aspects of the Nutritional Care program.
- Monitors all aspects of the departments CQI program.
- Maintains liaison with all departmental managers.
- Ensures compliance with Collective Agreements.
- Ensures compliance with Ministry of Health Long Term Care Standards, Public Health Standards and Health & Safety Standards.
- Participates in facility committees as required.
- Facilitates employee training and development.
- Participates in on-call rotation.
- Other related duties as required or assigned.
- Successful completion of a two year community college program in Nutrition Management, or equivalent.
- At least 3 years experience in managing a large food service department, ideally in a long term care setting.
|Specialized Training and Licenses
- Membership with the Canadian Society of Nutrition Management.
||$66,168 - $89,203
||PLEASE UPLOAD YOUR TRANSCRIPTS WITH YOUR APPLICATION (Under the Documents Section).
Please note successful candidates will be asked to provide a basic criminal record check, dated within the last six months. This documentation would not be required until further in the recruitment process (following the interview stage if selected).
The Corporation of the City of London strives to foster a workplace in which all individuals maximize their potential, regardless of their differences. We are committed to attracting, engaging, developing and celebrating exceptional people in public service who are representative of our community.
The City of London is also committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process.