Are you interested in this career opportunity? Click on Apply Now! and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Housing, Social Services & Dearness Home
|Posting Closed Date
||Dearness - Service
|Summary of Duties
||Under the direction of the Manager of Environmental Services, performs a variety of cleaning duties to maintain safe, clean and sanitary conditions.
- Maintains floors by sweeping, dust mopping, machine scrubbing and stripping. Seals and refinishes floors. Buffs floors, vacuums and shampoos carpets.
- Cleans walls, ceilings and lights with the materials provided.
- Spot cleans walls within reach.
- Dusts and washes all furniture in all areas of the Home.
- Cleans and disinfects toilets, urinals, wash basins and fixtures.
- Collects and disposes of all garbage from all areas of the Home.
- Cleans windows, window frames and ledges.
- Vacuums all drapes; removes and rehangs as required.
- Cleans kitchen hoods, all stainless steel duct works, and all ventilators.
- Uses housekeeping machines, tools and equipment properly and safely, and maintains them in clean condition. Reports any defects or deficiencies immediately.
- Reports immediately any unsafe or unsanitary condition.
- Removes or relocates furniture and client’s possessions.
- Unplugs toilets, replaces bulbs and cleans air diffusers.
- Performs other related tasks as assigned.
- Successful completion of Grade 12 in the Province of Ontario or equivalent.
- Ability to speak and understand English.
- Ability to operate housekeeping equipment as required in a safe and competent manner.
- Physically capable of performing all duties as required.
- Ability to work on ladder up to 10’.
||Start Rate - $20.21/hour
||IF AVAILABLE, PLEASE UPLOAD YOUR TRANSCRIPTS WITH YOUR APPLICATION (under the Documents Section).
Please note successful candidates will be asked to provide a Police Criminal Record Check dated within the last six months. This documentation would not be required until further in the recruitment process (following the interview stage if selected).
The Corporation of the City of London strives to foster a workplace in which all individuals maximize their potential, regardless of their differences. We are committed to attracting, engaging, developing and celebrating exceptional people in public service who are representative of our community.
The City of London is also committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process.