Are you interested in this career opportunity? Click on Apply Now! and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Parks and Recreation
|Posting Closed Date
||Temporary Golf Course Maintainer
||Seasonal - 107
||CUPE Local 107
|Summary of Duties
||Works under the direction of the Supervisor or designate.
||Performs various golf course/turf maintenance activities, including operating equipment, dealing with the course irrigation system, and setting up the course to Golf Association of Ontario specificiations.
- Successful completion of Grade 12 in the Province of Ontario or equivalent.
|Specialized Training and Licenses
- Must have golf course or turf experience.
- Ability to work in a crew environment.
- Working knowledge of the Occupational Heath and Safety Act.
- Ability to obtain First Aid/CPR Certificate.
- Valid Class G driver's licence.
Shift work may be required
NOTE - Applicants selected for an interview will be required to submit the following:
- Copy of Grade 12 diploma/transcript or equivalent
- A current 2013 Driver's Abstract from the Ministry of Transportation
- A Current Basic Police Check. Please Note: An additional Vulnerable Position Screening will be required if an applicant is selected to work in a division requiring the screening.
- Three work related references (names and phone numbers)
||Please note that due to the expected high volume of applicants, regrettably we are not able to respond to telephone calls and cannot give feedback on applications or interviews.
The Corporation of the City of London strives to foster a workplace in which all individuals maximize their potential, regardless of their differences. We are committed to attracting, engaging, developing and celebrating exceptional people in public service who are representative of our community.
The City of London is also committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process.