|Summary of Duties
||The main function of the position is evaluating the impact of Emerald Ash Borer on the forest communities in Westminster Ponds ESA. It would include reviewing existing file information; establishing permanent sample inventory plots in representative areas; Conducting reviews of literature, history and ecological information pertaining to the area; Assist in the development of a long-term forest management plan for the area; Assist staff with on-going projects and administrative duties as required.
||Completion of Undergraduate degree in resource management, biology, environmental studies urban or regional planning or equivalent.
Knowledge of tree species, management practices, conducting field surveys and inventories, analyzing reports and data, report writing.
Previous experience developing management plans and strategies.
Ability to work independently in the field and in all types of weather conditions.
Valid Driver's Licence - Class G.
Eligibility under the City of London Internship Program as follows (see below): MUST MEET CRITERIA AS EITHER A NEW IMMIGRANT OR PERSON WITH SELF-DECLARED DISABILITY WHICH POSES EMPLOYMENT BARRIERS OR RECENT LOCAL POST-SECONDARY GRADUATE.
- New to Canada within the past 3 years, and
- Graduate of a recognized post-secondary education institute with Canadian equivalency, and
- English benchmark level 6 or above, and connected with an academic or employment support agency, and
- Legally entitled to work in Canada.
Person with self-declared disability which poses employment barriers:
- Limited work experience in their chosen field, and
- Graduate of a recognized post-secondary education institute, and
- Connected with an academic or employment support agency.
Recent local post-secondary graduate:
- London resident who has graduated from a recognized post-secondary education institute within the past year and has limited work experience in their chosen field, OR
- Graduate of a London area recognized post-secondary education institute within the past year, but not currently living in London
- Limited work experience in their chosen field.
||Term is from September - December 2013
||Please note successful candidates will be asked to provide a criminal record check, dated within the last six months. This documentation would not be required until further in the recruitment process (following the interview stage if selected).