Are you interested in this career opportunity? Click on Apply Now! and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Parks and Recreation
|Posting Closed Date
||Supervisor I, Program Services
||Permanent - Full Time
|Summary of Duties
||Reports to the Manager II, Storybook Gardens, the Supervisor I, Program Services is responsible for the implementation of all programs and visitor related services and operations in SBG. The position also participates in and contributes to the development and implementation of annual workplans related to budget, marketing and promotions, programs and services, and human resources. Assists with longer term facility and site development initiatives.
- Leads by example in demonstrating the values of the corporation in all aspects of work and social involvement in related events and functions.
- Organizes, schedules and evaluates the implementation of programs and visitor activities including roving characters, reading and play programs, rotating displays, theatrical shows, special events and exhibits, day camp, birthday parties, and related activities based on variable schedules and durations.
- Supervises the visitor operational components of the facility including the park attractions, skating lanes, specialty programs, guest services, admissions and ticketing as per City of London policies and procedures and statutory requirements.
- Supervises assigned staff and ensures health and safety procedures and practices are followed.
- Provides overall supervision to all aspects of the daily park operations on a regular basis, including resolution of customer complaints and coordination of emergency services as needed.
- Participates in the recruitment, training and evaluation of all seasonal and part time staff reporting to the position.
- Develops volunteer opportunities and activities at SBG undertaking their appropriate recruitment, training, evaluation and recognition.
- Undertakes direct selling and marketing initiatives related to group and corporate sales as per the annual budget, marketing and promotion plans.
- Develops, implements and promotes group events/programs for schools, childcare centres, service clubs, community organizations, corporate entities and other bodies consistent with the strategic directions and capacities of SBG.
Successful completion of a University Degree in Recreation Administration, Business Administration, or a related field, or a minimum of 5 years management experience at a major attraction, special event or related market-based environment, with at least five years in supervisory or managerial roles.
Outstanding communication skills related to oral, written, presentation, visual and other formats.
|Specialized Training and Licenses
||Team-oriented management style with demonstrated ability to motivate and train staff to achieve targeted outcomes and to create and sustain a service culture of excellence.
Capacity to analyse data to identify and assess trends.
Evident leadership capacity to ensure the long term success of SBG related to working effectively with department and City staff, business and community organization representatives and other community leaders.
Possess or ability to obtain Standard First Aid and CPR C certification.
||$57,458 to $77,460
||Due to the nature of the business, work in the evenings, weekends and holidays are a regular expectation of this position
||PLEASE UPLOAD YOUR TRANSCRIPTS WITH YOUR APPLICATION (Under the Documents Section).
Please note successful candidates will be asked to provide a Vulnerable Positions Screening Police Reference Check, dated within the last six months. This documentation would not be required until further in the recruitment process (following the interview stage if selected).
The Corporation of the City of London strives to foster a workplace in which all individuals maximize their potential, regardless of their differences. We are committed to attracting, engaging, developing and celebrating exceptional people in public service who are representative of our community.
The City of London is also committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process.