Are you interested in this career opportunity? Click on Apply Now! and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
|Posting Closed Date
||Motor Vehicle Mechanic
||Permanent - Full Time
||CUPE Local 107
|Summary of Duties
||Works under the direction of a Supervisor or designate. Responsible for completion of general
mechanical repairs to all types of city operated vehicles and equipment
- Diagnoses mechanical, electrical, electronic, pneumatic, and hydraulic faults to all types of vehicles and equipment.
- Repairs or replaces gas, propane, and diesel engines, hydraulic cylinders and all other equipment components in accordance with established methods and procedures and recommends changes to procedures and methods.
- Changes wheel and rim assemblies as required.
- Completes Ministry of Transportation of Ontario Inspections and signs appropriate forms and reports for work actually completed by the Mechanic.
- Uses mechanic’s hand and power tools and equipment, such as lifting equipment as well as precision instruments, and specialized diagnostic equipment.
- Checks completed work to ensure satisfactory operation.
- Performs electric and acetylene welding and cutting as required.
- Prepares and maintains written work records such as time sheets, parts lists and inspection sheets.
- Moves all type of equipment in and out of work area.
- Modifies equipment as directed or required.
- Works from schematic diagrams.
- Periodically assumes some of the normal supervisory duties over others.
- As assigned, performs related duties which are transient, or of an emergency nature, or which are minor but recurring.
||Successful completion of Grade 12 in the Province of Ontario or equivalent plus successful completion of an apprenticeship as a Motor Vehicle Mechanic.
|Specialized Training and Licenses
- Valid Internal Combustion Alternate Fuel Technician’s Certificate.
- Valid certificate of qualification - Motor Vehicle Mechanic (310T and 310S).
- Valid Class DZ Driver’s Licence.
- Working knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act
||$28.72 to $31.89 per hour
||Note: Shift work may be required
The Corporation of the City of London strives to foster a workplace in which all individuals maximize their potential, regardless of their differences. We are committed to attracting, engaging, developing and celebrating exceptional people in public service who are representative of our community.
The City of London is also committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process.